• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help

T

topwaterbait

I recently staRTED PLAYING FFXI AGAIN AFTER A COUPLE OF YEARS. NUMBER ONE PROBLEM I HAVE IS EXPANSIONS I AM PLAYING ON PS3 AND I CANNOT FIND THE EXPANSIONS I NEED.nUMBER TWO IS I HAVE GOT TOO LEVEL 11 SO FAR AND AS I ALWAYS HAVE DONE IN THE PAST I WENT TOO THE DUNES TOO FIND A PT AND IT WAS EMPTY DID I MISS SOMETHING OR IS HALF THE PEOPLE NOT SHOWING UP DUE TOO MY LACK OF THE EXPANSIONS ANY HELP ON THESE MATTERS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Dunes is not an expansion area, so that's not it. There simply must not be anyone in the Dunes when you are. As for finding the expansions... well the PS2 version is at Gamestop. I believe you can get the entire system now for $30, including the three add-ons. Not a bad deal considering that's the price of the three add-ons alone.

Welcome back to the game, and welcome to Stratics :)

T

topwaterbait

The Dunes is not an expansion area, so that's not it. There simply must not be anyone in the Dunes when you are. As for finding the expansions... well the PS2 version is at Gamestop. I believe you can get the entire system now for $30, including the three add-ons. Not a bad deal considering that's the price of the three add-ons alone.

Welcome back to the game, and welcome to Stratics :)
Thank you for your help. i gues i also have too remember the last time i was lvl 11 in the dunes was when it first came out on ps2.there was so many people playing at that time you had to fight for something to kill. they just wouldnt spawn fast enough. Thing shave slowed down a bit now,but the game is still just as much fun

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the field manuals, it may be good to stay in your advanced local area (La'theinne, Tahrongi, Konschtat) and do pages. You can earn tabs, get yourself goodies, and gain even more exp for finishing pages. And you can do all that while you have your seek flag up. Yeah there aren't as many people leveling low jobs these days, but if you're patient, you will probably get an invite. I'd just work toward your goal as you wait if I were you.

Y

YoungUn

With level synch, invites as a little guy are not that hard. I've had several invites when I was in my 20's for merit parties. Well, meriting for them, leveling for me, but it worked out for everyone.