• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with Training Chiv

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if there's any other tips/tricks out there for training chiv on a pet...Natural skill is 111.8. After 120 real skill disco it's 81.1 (and has been for literally a day and a half straight). I've tried discoed on a shadow ele, the blood ele in shame on the island, and gregorio the brigand. Nothing seems to be working to get this sucker to gain anything.

Any ideas or other tricks to try?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go hunting, real hunting! Not stupid training. Do champs and peerless with it! I really wonder why everybody is bothering with training pets in boring places without loot? What a waste time! Do Corgul with it! Join for a Scalis hunt! Solo Baracoon or Neira! Do Travesty with it... 1000 places to hunt with high level bosses. They will let you gain! :)

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
lol I planned on it...just tryn to start off on the right foot. But oddly enough...AS SOON as I posted y I wasn't gaining...started gaining (on gregorio). tis my luck

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
From what I’ve seen while skilling pets, pets will hit what I call “skill walls”. I have had pets literally go 3 to 5 whispers without a gain. Some skills are worse then others with those, just hang in there and you’ll get the pet to cap.
Going hunting is a great way to break up the monotony of skilling pets but I will go beat on shadow elementals to maximize my whispers. With the exception of champs, there are too many blank spots between fights which means time running on a whisper with the pet idle

XeneX

Adventurer
For slow skills like Chiv being able to discord your pet makes a huge difference. @ 120 disco you drop them from 120 to ~86 skill. The less mana they are using on other things the more is left for chiv gains. AI has a pretty close range.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol I planned on it...just tryn to start off on the right foot. But oddly enough...AS SOON as I posted y I wasn't gaining...started gaining (on gregorio). tis my luck
Looks like you have the same luck as me. Something will not happen, i'll complain about it, then suddenly it happens.

It takes a long time to go from GM Chiv-120, and yeah, you'll hit "hills" at certain points where it's harder to gain.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I upped chiv with my cu with gregorio brigand

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk