• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Poisoning] Help with template: Poisoning useful nowadays?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I am very excited to start my "criminal" career, but with many doubts after reading some of the templates.

First of all: Poisoning...is it useful at all nowadays? When I last left UO 10 years ago I was building a template with Poisoning, but seems like today it's kind of useless in most situations in PvP or PvM. Maybe I'm wrong? Seems like it's useful for the Poison resist it gives you.

As usual a template will not be easy as the template will depend on the type of gameplay I want.

I was laughing like crazy with this video on YouTube and was wondering what template did this person use?

I'm not sure yet I want to be stealing rares and so on or just in for the chaos of PvP and hiding :)

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So...I gather that no one likes this kind of character of even to talk about it?

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not that nobody likes it.

The video is extremely entertaining but i cannot tell you what his template is unless he posts it. He has fencing, hiding, stealth and ninjitsu for sure.

Im a thief and can offer little advice if you want to be a PK.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poisoning is good for spawns still.. I am just coming back and have dusted off my Nox mage i use at spawns and he still does well.i have 3 poisoners and i took them all to 100. i like the fact when i do use it is allmost allways a dp type of strike. as far as pvp i also cant help ya there due to lotsa changes and im coming back after year and half absence. i been watching the black ninja for years and he is a riot to watch on U toob i have made a lot of the weapons he used for my stealth fencer and they work great but once again been gone. ill have to dust him off also and head to yew gates see if hes worth 2 cents anymore also also just noticed the post below on nox thief guide lol

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For my ninja template I use
120 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Poisoning
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
90 Ninjitsu (+30 on Gems)
20 Chiv
40 Meditation
40 Focus

The weapons I use are
Bladed Staff ( Cavalry's Folly)
Butcher Knife
Assassin Spike (UBSW)

The basic rinse and repeat strategy of attack is simple.
Use JOAT tracking to track target
Stealth beside
Bladed Staff Dismount
Instaswitch to Butcher Knife
Disarm Target
Infectious Strike
Death Strike
InstaSwitch to Bladed Staff
Armor Ignore
Repeat until you collect insurance. If they Cure, switch back to butcher knife and Poison then death strike and go back to armor ignoring.

The Assassin Spike is used if you have a prolonged fight and run out of poison on the butcher knife, OR if you end up in a group fight and need to disappear quickly.(Shadow Strike)
Shadow Strike is also great for DRobing when you are alone against a group.

If you keep the Stealth Skill on Macro, even if they surround someone for a res, you can shadow jump in, Shadow Strike, and then activate the stealth macro, and shadow jump back out before they can drop a field on you.

Even if they manage to field you in or poison you, you can summon a mirror image, and shadow strike it, to hide when they are attacking you. (Shadow strike also allows for instant hiding again if you are revealed.)

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
For my ninja template I use
120 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Poisoning
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
90 Ninjitsu (+30 on Gems)
20 Chiv
40 Meditation
40 Focus

The weapons I use are
Bladed Staff ( Cavalry's Folly)
Butcher Knife
Assassin Spike (UBSW)

The basic rinse and repeat strategy of attack is simple.
Use JOAT tracking to track target
Stealth beside
Bladed Staff Dismount
Instaswitch to Butcher Knife
Disarm Target
Infectious Strike
Death Strike
InstaSwitch to Bladed Staff
Armor Ignore
Repeat until you collect insurance. If they Cure, switch back to butcher knife and Poison then death strike and go back to armor ignoring.

The Assassin Spike is used if you have a prolonged fight and run out of poison on the butcher knife, OR if you end up in a group fight and need to disappear quickly.(Shadow Strike)
Shadow Strike is also great for DRobing when you are alone against a group.

If you keep the Stealth Skill on Macro, even if they surround someone for a res, you can shadow jump in, Shadow Strike, and then activate the stealth macro, and shadow jump back out before they can drop a field on you.

Even if they manage to field you in or poison you, you can summon a mirror image, and shadow strike it, to hide when they are attacking you. (Shadow strike also allows for instant hiding again if you are revealed.)
Thanks that's a pretty nice template. I guess that in order to keep stealing and snooping having soulstones is the only way?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To keep snooping you could probably drop weapons and tactics for wrestling and apply poison by shuriken. Though that only gets you 100 pts to divide between snooping and stealing. Could get some skill items