• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with taskbar

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what to try next, and I'm not that computer literate. Hoping for some assistance. At one time I could see my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Somehow I've lost that ability. It is when I'm in full screen. Tried many different sizes, is there something I should be doing in the options that will help? Thanks for any advice.

superfrog

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure what to try next, and I'm not that computer literate. Hoping for some assistance. At one time I could see my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Somehow I've lost that ability. It is when I'm in full screen. Tried many different sizes, is there something I should be doing in the options that will help? Thanks for any advice.
go to settings and search taskbar. you should be able to fix it from there

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you mouse down to the bottom of the screen your taskbar doesn't pop up for viewing ? If not, right click on an empty part of your task bar (win10) and select Taskbar Settings, see if Automatically hide the task bar in desktop mode is checked, if it is, uncheck it ..

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I actually have more problem with mine being stuck 'out' and not going back down, rather than it vanishing, I guess it's annoying either way!

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The taskbar is fine until I load Ultima Online, then in full screen I lose the taskbar. So, no taskbar when in full screen in Ultima Online.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The taskbar is fine until I load Ultima Online, then in full screen I lose the taskbar. So, no taskbar when in full screen in Ultima Online.
Sounds like at some point you hit alt/enter which switches to full screen, and your taskbar will absolutely be unviewable. The fix is to go to Settings (eyeball in 2d which I"m assuming you're playing in, uncheck Use Full Screen Display, close and restart client. Pretty sure Full Screen means just that...Full Screen..nothing but UO.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The setting I use, in EC, is windowed, but with 'show frame' unchecked

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are using CC that is correct. It covers the whole screen. Not windowed.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I actually have more problem with mine being stuck 'out' and not going back down, rather than it vanishing, I guess it's annoying either way!
Press your windows key next to the alt key. It will fix the task bar. I am guessing that you have it hidden when not mousing over it.

superfrog

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you're in the EC uncheck the box shown to get your taskbar back, if you use CC hit Alt-Enter as @GarthGrey said. sometimes in the CC i have to delete that characters folder to get it back. be sure to save your macro file.

1632097891815.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes In CC sometimes you have to make it not fullscreen a couple of times for it to remember.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hitting alt enter in CC will put it in Fullscreen mode.

Thanks jerk.

Once in fullscreen you will never see the taskbar. Now I have to get it out....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hitting alt enter in CC will put it in Fullscreen mode.

Thanks jerk.

Once in fullscreen you will never see the taskbar. Now I have to get it out....
I've not used cc for a while, but if I remember right, it's a toggle. Same keys again should put it back.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like at some point you hit alt/enter which switches to full screen, and your taskbar will absolutely be unviewable. The fix is to go to Settings (eyeball in 2d which I"m assuming you're playing in, uncheck Use Full Screen Display, close and restart client. Pretty sure Full Screen means just that...Full Screen..nothing but UO.
This one - In Classic.
I do it a lot when I PvP, and using Discord for voice.
Alt/Grav is my Push To Talk, and sometimes I manage to hit Alt/Enter which screws everything up.

And yes - somehow toggle doesn't work - and I have to do exactly what you've mentioned.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've not used cc for a while, but if I remember right, it's a toggle. Same keys again should put it back.
Nope it just puts it in. Pressing again does nothing to the screen. You have to use the menu to put it back and basically have to shut down UO after that for it to save.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In WIn10 you need to run UO CC in compatibility mode for Windows 7, this will re-enable the full screen toggle.
Ooo nice I didn't think about that. I noticed the toggle was broken after messing with new hard drive.

Edit #2: Crashes for me when alt-enter in general lol.