• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Help with suit

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello everyone

I just made my first dexxer ( 120 - swords, tactics, anatomy, chivalry, healing and parrying ) and need some help with the suit.

I have too much loot, legendary pieces to decent minor and major artifacts; the problem I am having is putting it together.

I have seen people post pics of their eqiupment stats, with auto total stats. Is that a UI in enhanced client? or what?

What would be a good way to start putting together a suit without overclocking my brain? Because right now, I have too much of a few resists, and not enough of others, and other stats that I need for a dexxer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes with the EC you can see all the totals (HCI, DCI, DI etc.) when you mouse over. I really geek it up with suits and use Excel myself though.

With reforging its pretty each to make a suit and cap out most mods. Get a nice legendary part and work around that.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ty for your reply...

Do you manually input values into the excel sheet? or is there something out there that can help me copy and past values of the container into a text file?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you manually input values into the excel sheet? or is there something out there that can help me copy and past values of the container into a text file?
Yep. I will snap my UO window to one side of my screen and excel to the other and just type in the numbers.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I do the same thing, excel sheet with formulas to keep track of things as I build pieces.

For a dexxer suit, you're likely to have to go with a largely crafted suit, as it's very hard to find truly great dexxer pieces on the high end arties. Then again, with SSI as easy as it is to come by these days it's pretty easy to build a suit where you can swing a longsword at 1.25 with only 150 stam.

I'd start with a legendary with 10 stam, maybe some dex, 8 LMC (plus whatever else) and a bunch of resist, and look at building around that.

Your biggest goals:
- enough stam/ssi to swing at 1.25 and you want at least some buffer. I suggest getting 10 SSI on your shield. Then you get 1 jewel with 10, and 15 from divine fury and you're at 1.25s on broadswords with 150+ stamina, lets you be very flexible with how you dole out dex/stam on the other pieces.
- enough HP
- enough LMC to use specials on (nearly) every swing. If you can get to 55 LMC, you can run less mana. The less LMC, you want a bigger mana pool to guard against 2 or 3 low leeches in a row.
- resists: 75 in phy, fire, energy most important. Not much hits hard with cold and poison damage, so in probably 95% of cases, 75 72 are functionally equivalent here (poison itself is direct damage, for instance).

Also worth noting here, for you casting chiv spells and weapon specials, 53 LMC and 55 LMC are the same, as are 48 - 52 LMC. You should always, therefore, run at most 4 pieces of studded and 1 metal as every little bit of stamina protection from the metal armor piece can help when you take huge hits/get low on HP.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
This is going to be quite a bit of work
Thank you for your help
'quite a bit' might be some understatement.

I am in the process of building a new suit, and I've got half the pieces crafted, and I noticed that I have room to shift some things around to run different reforges on my armor (was reforging for HCI and DCI... could now go for Eaters or ... well anything really) and I am now debating finishing, just to sell to suit, and starting again.

FirstWorldProblems :)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I have decided on a much more sane approach. Since I assume that new content is forthcoming with the new expansion, I will not concern over this suit too much, simply ensure that it is better than my current suit (no problem there) and be happy.