• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with Skree

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey all, just leveled up a skree to 5. His tactics are 25 and im not sure how to get him higher because he hits everything so hard. Any low tactics mobs to train it up that dont die immediately?

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The short answer is not really, I'm not sure what you'd take him to and discord but I'm sure someone may be able to point it out for you. If it were me what I'd do is goto the deathwatch beetle spawn/champ area and just one shot everything there for awhile that should work. I had a similar problem with one of my pets awhile ago.

North_LS

Journeyman
i'd plop him down in one of the graveyards, hide, and check in every so often. he'll slaughter everything, but should still get solid gains until ~60s.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Go to the Desert outside Tokuno and kill Deathwatch Beetle Hatchlings until he's up to at least 70 or 75 then you can do the norm and hit on an allosoaurus or Shadow Ele..

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Been taking all my low pets to Gregorio the Brigand in the last two weeks.

He will get you to 60 Wrestle, 50 Tactics, 60+ Anatomy by the time gains start to slow down between 60-62.

I've trained 8 beetles on him that way.

By the way, the Slimes/Slugs location is in The Underworld, near the entrance, is one of the verifiable tamer hot spots for training and on weekends sometimes tends to be busy.

However, I've only been able to get my Wrestling done there, as well as some Schools of Magic. I usually go to Navrey, located in that same dungeon, or the Blood Els/Wolf Spiders/Beetles, located one floor down from Navrey's Lair.

GL ENJOY! Pet training is kind of a past-time for me, as well as many others. :]

Last edited:

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> How do you disarm? You need wrestling on the tamer?
Aye. Praise the virtues for soulstones.
... but now there is an alternative. A pet "saber toothed tiger" will disarm Gregorio.

(takest thou care. Right at the moment, a pet skree will neither heal nor cure itself, unless thou replacest its built-in mystic-mage set with something else.
From the Pub 98 patch notes: Resolved issue with pet Skree AI* spamming Greater Cure.
@Bleak Please try again. Substituting the spamming of "heal" when the pet is poisoned is not a resolving of this problem, since the "heal" is useless because the pet is poisoned. Also note that the pet skree doth not attempt to heal, nor greater heal, nor use cleansing winds, at times when his health is low, therefore a new problem hath been created.)

*A pox upon the person who designeth "sans-serif" fonts. There should be a distinctly visible difference between "call me Al" and "call me AI."

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am necro'ing this for anyone else training one. Definitely go to Gredorio the Brigand outside Skara near the ranger huts. My Skree's tactics sky rocketed from there. I had tried the deathwatch beetle hatchlings and got nothing, the grave yards and brigand camps were SUPER SLOW, but he is gaining like mad off of Gregorio!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am necro'ing this for anyone else training one. Definitely go to Gredorio the Brigand outside Skara near the ranger huts. My Skree's tactics sky rocketed from there. I had tried the deathwatch beetle hatchlings and got nothing, the grave yards and brigand camps were SUPER SLOW, but he is gaining like mad off of Gregorio!
Usually Gregorio has low melee skills. You may have found one that players have used a lot. Did he have his pitchfork?

This guy has been on multiple Gregorios for MANY hours and his tactics do not go up.

upload_2019-5-28_16-0-16.png

@Khaelor can tell you more about the dude.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My tactics was at 25 and it was slow trying to find things to gain off of. I went to Gregorio and was in the mid 50's in like 5 minutes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My tactics was at 25 and it was slow trying to find things to gain off of. I went to Gregorio and was in the mid 50's in like 5 minutes.
OK I read the profile from the other post. Said the tactics was 100. Yup, Gregorio starts low.

The low skills gain fast.