• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Help with script to change pets for a tamer

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm looking for help with a script, or even to know if this is possible. What I want is a script that performs the following functions (this is a rough flow chart):

- Has to be compatible with Pinco's UI.
- Is started with an action icon.
- "Which is your first pet?", target a pet.
- "Please target your pet ball for this pet.", target a pet ball.
- "Any more pets?" y/n
- If yes, "Which is your next pet?", target a pet, return to two steps back.
- Modifies the appropriate veterinary, remove curse, cure poison, heal, and pet ball macros to target the appropriate pets and pet balls.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an idea, but I have to do it inside the UI...

Basically I add 2 buttons:
- Store Pet 1
- Store Pet 2

and add 2 actions:
- Target Pet 1
- Target Pet 2

you just have to set all the veterinary, remove curse, cure poison, heal, and pet ball macros with:
target pet 1 or 2 then action (like veterinary) with target current, and change the stored pet when you want to change pet :p

I can make up to 5 store pets but more are useless...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hmmm, that sounds like it would work and accomplish the same thing that my script would. Had to think about what you were saying for a bit though before I figured it out. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm, that sounds like it would work and accomplish the same thing that my script would. Had to think about what you were saying for a bit though before I figured it out. :)
have you used the petball actions?

is the same way, but using 2 buttons: 1 to store the target as default, and 1 to take as current target the stored pet :)

I warn you, doing this will requires 10 icons so dermott will go mad when he read this :lol:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I haven't used the pet ball actions yet. I'm still using my old command script. Probably switching to the pet ball actions would make the process a little less labour intensive.

And yes, poor Dermott... :(

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yep, already downloaded, and thank you again. :)