• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with roofing please

E

Eldritch

I have worked out the basic design of the my new house. (I borrowed heavily from entry 12 at theHousing Design Winners website)

My problem is that I cannot seem to get the roof portions to work. I have built and torn off 10 versions in the past two days.

Here is where I am:

I was thinking about a tile roof here. Other ideas?

Then for the small potion:

My main problem seems to be getting the tiles to line up properly. Is there a trick I am not using?

I appreciate any assistance/advice you may give.

Thank you,

F

feath

hey Blesh, i'd love to see a youtube tutorial on a more complicated roof. gables, switching roof levels, ect ect *puppy eyes*

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never use level 1 tiles for roofs, I always start off on 2 for the edges. In the first screenshot you have built the eastern wall right on the edge of the plot, this is a big nono for roofs as you'll need a 1 tile space between the wall and the edge of the plot for it to look right.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got mine to look "right" even building all the way to the end of the plot, but it took some doing and I think I actually started at the peak and worked down, to get the roof peak to sit where I wanted it. It's far easier to just build in one space from the edge on the level the roof is going to be on. That way you don't have to worry about the roof looking lopsided or missing an overhang.

I think running around and seeing how other people have done their roofs (for instance on Chessy the UOSS Stratics Center west of Zento has a really neat roofline!) can also help you visualize yours.