• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Help with ninja template

C

Cobbobles

I was starting to work on putting together a bit of a ninja stealther template for pvp. I know generally what the build style's pros and cons are, but I don't have enough play experience yet to tell what is good to have and what I should leave out of the build (I just recently returned and havent played since around 2001).

The general idea is to have a build that is an opportunistic killer. A character for fun just to go kill targets of my choosing at champ spawns or general pvp...and to be able to get out of there when things get sour.

My current idea is based off of what I have read here, but I am debating removing things such as bushido

Bushido
Ninjitsu
Hiding
Stealth
Swords
Tactics

My question about bushido is: Is bushido a worthwhile skill to have outside of nerve strike? I would hate to build my template around the use of a single weapon...or is it just really that good of an ability? Fencing appears to have a bit more versatility as far as special moves go (for pvp). Would you suggest a different skill setup completely? What would be some good ideas to look for with this kind of template? Also, some people tell me to only take ninjitsu to 90...wouldn't I need 120 for full effect on damaging abilities such as death strike?

Lavits

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two main bushido spells that are used are confidence and evade. Confidence is a great means of healing on this template. Can be thru poson I believe. And evasion for when your trying to run from a mage. Since you can dodge some of their spells.

L

L1Z4RD

Bushido
Ninjitsu
Hiding
Stealth
Swords
Tactics

I would go with something like this:

120 bush (evasion/nerve strike)
120 swords (good bokuto for nerve and a killer no daichi for riding swipe)
90 tact
120 ninja (deathstrike/darts/wolf/shadowjump)
90 chiv (go for the 4/6 heals)
100 hide
75 stealth (75 is enough if youre in mage armor...also some good +stealth skill items to save you room on template...ie investigator cloak +20, cloak of silence +10)

715 total points, but could cut out quite a bit with said items...maybe a captain john hat (+20 swords etc) and dump a bit into med...if it puts you above joat bonus....else id just go with more tact. Maybe tracking to help with DS damage.

For a cramped template, I like to run chiv healing (plus you can get around with sacred journey and use some wep buffs)...getting to 4/6 can be tough since you need good fc1 weps and have to rely on orny...which can gimp some valuable jewel props (hci, dci, EP, +skill) but it beats needing 90 heals/anat etc. Plus you'll have confidence and pots....also you wont need as much dex using a fast wep like a bokuto and you wont rely on healing skill, so you can stack up some mana for burst dmg ie ride swipe, nerve strike, DS dart. Also, if you roll factions...there's some really nice artys to be had there.

Hit and run tactics for sure and roll with a trapped box. with evasion, 4/6, confidence, pots, wolf form, minor SW spells from joat and some handy dandy smoke bombs.....you shouldn't have much trouble when you need to GTFO. I also keep bolas handy for chasers if I havent animal formed yet...bola them and then wolf.......you're gone!

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks I am going to check this out too as I have never really played a ninja and this seems like a good place to start.

C

Cobbobles

I am also curious about gear now. I recently got lucky with a slither drop and have some scratch to spend.

Currently I am looking at getting a folded steel, cloak of silence, royal guard investigator's cloak...but I am at a loss for what else to get. I have not made a suit for pvp for a long time (only when it was just GM made gear).

I know some basics of what I need such as 45 HCI and DCI...but I don't know a lot of the items out there that can be thrown together...any suggestions would be helpful.

L

L1Z4RD

I really encourage the 4/6 with chiv...

So for that, you'll need:
orny (2/3)
fc1 weps
a ring with 1/3 or at least fc 1 and you can run inquis for 3 fcr....or night eyes, but there are much better headpieces.

I run fc 1, +10 ninja, 8 dci, 50 ep on my ring and roll with inquis.

Some other items I can recommend are:

faction spirit of totem
gladiators collar
faction rune RBC
faction inquis gloves
faction crimmy
slither tali or conj trink or faction primer (I roll more hci and am less worried about dci since its a hit and run toon)
Runic sleeves and legs with si,mi, lmc, hpi and mr as needed.
LB sash for int and mr
conj garb

remember to roll all mage armor so you can successfully stealth at 75 skill.

Can also swap out swords or w/e for archery or wrestling just for sh*ts and giggles....

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two main bushido spells that are used are confidence and evade. Confidence is a great means of healing on this template. Can be thru poson I believe. And evasion for when your trying to run from a mage. Since you can dodge some of their spells.

PSA: evade doesn't work without parry. As it increases your parry chance and allows you to parry magical attacks.

S

Shinners

I see alot of peeps doing the faction items do u gotta to be a certain rank to get the items? or as long as u get the silver after kills u can get items?

my ninja template is consisting of

120 archery
120 resist
120 ninja
120 fencing
100 hiding
100 tactics

i could even take it to 120 tactics with extra points and put rest into tracking for a some boost in DS dmg

what you all think?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You need rank to use (wear) items.

needn't to heal?
You can get your health back with mana regen. Also don't stand up and fight but snipe at folks and stay moving. Make sure you smokebomb as you go down and also use pots.