• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

help with my template

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was thinking of
vet-100
animal lore-110
taming -105
magery-100
spellweave-115
necromancy-70
meditation -100

i could have magery at 95 and taming at 110 perhaps

70 in necromancy will let me use lich form for extra mana regeneration and stuff, or wraith form when i wana spam word of death i believe that 115 will give me a close to 100% chance of success

my question is whether or not this is enough taming/lore to tame and control a greater dragon or something later on

also is there a big enough difference between spellweaving 115 and spellweaving 120 in terms of damage to make it worth saving up for a 120 scroll instead of a 115 ? i mean id probably use a 115 for now anyway cause im at my limit of 700 points...in this build and my account isnt old enough

is it necessary to go above vet 100 since i already have magery to rez and spell weaving for dot heal and stuff thats a lot of healing on top of the bandages

Also what kinda pet should i get, im not so sure i want a greater dragon since they are too big...are there any other pets that function nearly as well as a greater dragon but are not quite as big ? are cu sidhe any good

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a few pointers.

You can control a greater dragon at 105, but with some difficulty. I'm not sure how much Animal Lore you'd also need.

You won't be able to res your pet with magery...did you mean you wanted to keep it healed with Magery? One person very often isn't enough to keep a pet healed. Also, there will be situations where you cannot use your bandages to heal your pet; some bosses require the tamer to stand a distance away. You'll have to rely on your guildmates to help heal the pet with Magery.

It's a strange template, but if you need to drop anything, Meditation should be the first to be dropped. You can make up for it on the suit. Keep in mind that Meditation only works in 10's, so 115 Meditation is really only as good as 110 Meditation. Each 10 points of Meditation is equal to 1 Mana Regen. Also, be aware of the Diminishing Returns rule; don't drop that Meditation too low, as it will never compensate no matter how much Mana Regen you have on your suit.

The only pet that I've seen that works as well as a Greater Dragon is the DreadMare, which was only available for a short time. The only way you'd get one now is if you have the money to buy one (they can be very expensive) or you have a real super friend.

However, that isn't to say that there aren't other pet combinations that are useful. Someone who knows more about Peerless and other bosses can tell you which pet combos are similarily effective. I think you're better off getting all of them so that you have a choice when the time comes.

Happy hunting!

T

Turdnugget

Apart from a GD and Dreadmare... get yourself a good bake kitsune, rune beetle, nightmare and cu sidhe.

I use beetle/bake or beetle/mare for just about every situation... PvP and PvM.

Only time I use GD or Cu sidhe, is when doing Rikktor or Shimmering Effusion due to the hard hitting + Area of Effect spells. I heal only with chivalry + veterinary.

Drop your vet down to 90 and use Enhanced Bandages, they give you +10 in vet/healing when using those bandies.

Taming/lore could/should stay at 105/110 as you can control just about any creature (dreadmare needs a little more).

Just an FYI, Word of Death takes a long time to cast, and is mana intensive, is only really good when you got a decent arcane focus going on. You could deal with lowering SW down if you want...if you plan on using the Thunderstorm or whatever (The fire field one) then it needs to be a little higher, otherwise you can get away with 40 SW and have the useful spells still. Nature's Fury/Attunement/Gift of Renewel saving yourself even more points to put elsewhere.

B

BardMal

I played a SW/tamers for along time; was never really stoked with SW abilities.

115 vet, 120 lore, 110 taming is my main tamers' "base".

I have him now with 65 magery = GM with items
115 spirit speak (104 + items)
Gm Nec
GM meditation

I run a lot of lmc and regen on my suit and have a ton of fun with him. 'Course I'm hanging with a group of folks who are alotta fun to play with, which helps.

Currently I am training up some bake s. they are in the mid 80's and alotta fun to have around. I plan to attempt teaming them with a rune and or mare once they are GM'd. They gain really slowly though.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so if i keep taming at 105 i should just get some taming rings or bracelets for when im taming something hard right? for greater taming success rate

also as far as the equations on stratics go what does the (Skill Level Real / 240, minimum 1) <= part that says (,minium 1) supposed to mean like what do i do with it its skill divided by 240 and then what

T

Turdnugget

http://www.uocraft.com/

That is a good site for helpful taming calculators. Pet control/pet power/pet stable slots.

You can keep taming at 105. Just make sure lore is high enough to have 99% control.

You can equip taming rings when taming higher end creatures for a better chance. That'd be the best way to do it.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vet-100
Animal lore-115
Taming-105
Magery-100
spell weave-115
Necromancy-75
Meditation-90

so hows this

with lore at 115 i can control greater dragons at 99%

i lost some meditation though but im sure that lich form or w/e will make up for the regen, perhaps i should move the 5 points in necromancy to vet? but then that would mean that it would take forever to get lich form off...

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could keep an insured Bloodwood Spirit in your pack to boost your Necro. Just enough to help you get in and out of lich form if it really bothers you that much.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well there really isnt any other place to put that 5 points since meditation only gets gains per 10 points right?

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't quote me on this, but don't you get more stable slots the higher your taming is? It wouldn't hurt to have 110 Taming.

C

Crow

Vet, Lore and Taming all factor in to how many slots you have in stables.

Exact number breakdown...dunno, maybe ask in taming section of profession forums.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vet, Lore and Taming all factor in to how many slots you have in stables.

Exact number breakdown...dunno, maybe ask in taming section of profession forums.
I was able to find this information, but will keep looking to see if there's something more current out there.

Stabling:
The number of pets a character can stable is be based on the skill levels of Taming, Veterinary and Animal Lore.
Any character can stable 2 pets, regardless of skill levels.
between 160 and 199.9 points total, 3 pets may be stabled.
between 200 and 239.9 points total, 4 pets may be stabled.
at or above 240 points total, 5 pets may be stabled.
In addition to that, bonus stable slots are granted for skill levels in Taming, Animal Lore and Veterinary at 100.0, 110.0 and 120.0. The maximum possible number of stable slots per character is 14.