• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with my template please!

P

Pirac

OK so I want to be a fisherman and a thunter

Magery
Eval
Focus
Fishing
Cart
LP
Mysticisim...

I dont know if this will be a bad template without med or mining but thats why Im asking you guys :)

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, this is what I have done and it works great. Since you won't be needing magery for offensive spells, forget about Eval.
This is what I use:

fishing
magery
mystic
focus
cart
mining

This leaves you 40 skill to play with. To prevent poisoning and Paralyze from being a problem on the mobs, I soulstone fishing for resist before heading out to treasure hunt.

The mining makes a huge difference for me. I move to the approximate coordinates by eyeballing the map. 50% of the time, my first dig is right on target. Magery is for recall, protection, telekinisis, and invisibility. I use mystic for offense, and healing. Focus just improves offense effectiveness.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just went treasure hunting, and realized that my TH is a little different than what I said earlier.
LP 100
Myst 120
Focus 120
Cart 100
Mining 100
Resist 100
Magery 80 Plus 30 from jewels

Total 720 Plus 30 from items.
The magery is for telekinisis, Mark, Recall, Invis, and Mass Dispel

When I switch to fishing I drop the cart, mining and LP, add 120 mage, 120 resist.

Fishing:
Mystic 120
Focus 120
Resist 120
Magery 120
Fishing 120

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When treasure hunting, if you do not have mining, you have to be right on top of the treasure chest to find it. Various degrees of mining increase the radius around the pick stroke where the treasure can be found. Without going to look up the specific params, with mining you could hit a target and if the treasure is within a couple of tiles in all directions it will pop up.

With 100 mining it is relatively easy to line yourself up with the treasure pin and withing a couple of strokes be successful. Without mining it can be extremely frustrating to get the exact spot.

G

GorLS

Are there any +mining skills items besides gloves that would help? I'm considering the same swap combo template myself.

P

Pirac

Just went treasure hunting, and realized that my TH is a little different than what I said earlier.
LP 100
Myst 120
Focus 120
Cart 100
Mining 100
Resist 100
Magery 80 Plus 30 from jewels

Total 720 Plus 30 from items.
The magery is for telekinisis, Mark, Recall, Invis, and Mass Dispel

When I switch to fishing I drop the cart, mining and LP, add 120 mage, 120 resist.

Fishing:
Mystic 120
Focus 120
Resist 120
Magery 120
Fishing 120
thanks man Im going to try for this build cause I just tried without mining and I have been on this same lvl 1 tmap for 45 mins and 10 local maps, I almost wanted to drop this template but im just gonna man up and pick up mining lol

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have the right combination of skills so the imbuing skill groups can fit 5 of your skills on jewelry, than you can have a total of 100 skill points on your jewelry. That means you can have 8 skills instead of 7.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, a water elemental slayer Scrappers positively rocks for a fisher.

Just to try mine out on my fisher, I went to Ilshenar Justice, to the docks that can have the random gypsy spawn, that is overrun with water eles.

I killed SIX water eles with ONE chain lightning. I redlined a paragon by itself with another.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any +mining skills items besides gloves that would help? I'm considering the same swap combo template myself.
Jacob's pickaxe has +10 mining. You get it from the mining quest in New Haven.