• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with my sampire build - I feel really weak.

thekojac

Visitor
Haven't played in nearly 10 years. Had a friend who left the game and gave me a large sum of gold on Atlantic, so I decided to come and give it a go again. Decided to build a sampire. Did a ton of research and ended up with the following build and stats:

And I feel really weak. I can 1v1 mid level mobs just fine (like the fan dancers at the fan dancer's dojo) but if I aggro more than 1 or go after anything stronger, it's a bad time for me.

I see all these videos of people just cutting through groups of mobs with their sampire and I don't understand what I did wrong.

Only thing I can think of is my DCI is on the low side and my weapon might not be ideal. Also, no skills at 120 yet (not sure how huge of a difference that should make for mid-tier stuff). Using chiv and bushido skills during combat too.

Any ideas?

COOPERebc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Stamina is a little low for a 3.5s weapon, if you're not running high resist spells as soon as you get a dex debuff your swinging pretty slow, even with 45ssi.

Hit points are a bit low. I run mine up around 140+ gives you that bit of extra life to get one last swing to leech if your low on hp.

Probably the biggest thing is your weapon. People carve through mobs in videos because they have a slayer weapon (demon slayer talisman or on weapon) and usually it's 100% fire/cold/energy etc. made to target whatever they are fighting lowest resist.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Haven't played in nearly 10 years. Had a friend who left the game and gave me a large sum of gold on Atlantic, so I decided to come and give it a go again. Decided to build a sampire. Did a ton of research and ended up with the following build and stats:

And I feel really weak. I can 1v1 mid level mobs just fine (like the fan dancers at the fan dancer's dojo) but if I aggro more than 1 or go after anything stronger, it's a bad time for me.

I see all these videos of people just cutting through groups of mobs with their sampire and I don't understand what I did wrong.

Only thing I can think of is my DCI is on the low side and my weapon might not be ideal. Also, no skills at 120 yet (not sure how huge of a difference that should make for mid-tier stuff). Using chiv and bushido skills during combat too.

Any ideas?
You want crafted weapons
For sampire you want 100 elemental dmg
Slayer
Hld hit lower defense
Ml mana leech
Ll life leech
Hit spell (usually lightning but creature type dependent)

Ax with whirlwind for groups of mobs
Bladed staff for Armor ignore vs single target

COOPERebc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh and your weapon leech life is too low. You want it up like 70+

Weapon specials also. Any more than 1 mob you want to momentum strike with bushido or whirlwind with a weapon special move.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
It’s probably a combination of not having the proper weapon for that specific pvm content and not doing the right weapon special sometimes.

your suit can be improved for sure, but you should be able to handle 80% of stuff. I’d say you will have a hard time soloing peerless, roof or doom bosses with your current set up. But even when maxed out, that content is not easy.

sampires on the high end that can do all content carry a dozen weapons tailor made to what they will fight. You’ll need to figure out the right slayer and elemental type and whether or not armor ignore or double strike will work better.

That’s probably the biggest gap I can see for you.