• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with Legacy pet

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been training and adding stuff to my old nightmare, he's at pet slot 5 and I just want to know if I can add my stamina regen and mana now and still be able to get back into the gump later to add scrolls to him. Or will it screw it up and not let me back in as if he was finished? Thanks in advance, here's a big ol image of everything.

Legacy_PP_Mare.jpg

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Yes, you can add the regens now and scrolls later. As long as there's still training points left you can get back into the training menu. You don't have to do everything at once.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you, thank you! You're the only one that replied! :)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I've been training and adding stuff to my old nightmare, he's at pet slot 5 and I just want to know if I can add my stamina regen and mana now and still be able to get back into the gump later to add scrolls to him. Or will it screw it up and not let me back in as if he was finished? Thanks in advance, here's a big ol image of everything.

View attachment 108451
If you didn't commit the points yet, I don't see a Parry scroll in the training planner (because the pet's wrestling isn't GM yet, so it doesn't show as available), but you will want to make sure you save 20 points to add that scroll later. If you didn't commit all the points into mana yet, you can easily take it from there.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Equines lose stamina when hit. Stamina determine swing speed.

A lot more things are off on that build.
I'm an idiot as a tamer. Pretty ignorant, really. However, doesn't the focus at 120 provide enough stamina regen? Does it not work like the normal player skill and regen 1 stam point for every 10 points of skill and regen mana for every 20 skill points?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm an idiot as a tamer. Pretty ignorant, really. However, doesn't the focus at 120 provide enough stamina regen? Does it not work like the normal player skill and regen 1 stam point for every 10 points of skill and regen mana for every 20 skill points?
120 focus is not enough. Some calculators are here:

I use playing and looking at lore screens. Some pet types lose Stamina more than others. Off the top of my head Equines, Some Dragons, Bake Kitsune, Rams. These lose a significant amount of stamina when hit hard. Can fall 130 to 115 in 2 hits. I put 10 SR on those. Cus and Hiryus do not lose stamina as much when hit the same. Also all pets will lose stamina if you let the HP fall below 3/4 to 1/2. Thats one reason we run consume if against a hard hitter.

I use 120 Focus scrolls because I had a bunch of them and while pub 97 was on TC the Focus and parry scrolls were cheap on Atl. Focus does a little mana regen, I have no idea about the stam regen numbers.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks everyone, I haven't committed the points yet... I was busy with other stuff like the invasion. :cool:

@Pawain you said a lot was off on this build but you helped me in-game with this mare so now I'm a bit worried.

@Khyro I wondered about Parry thanks for clarifying that.

So I have 828 points, and I should take the 120 from mana add that parry and maybe even add Focus?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you said a lot was off on this build but you helped me in-game with this mare so now I'm a bit worried.
Ok, I opened up EC cause I am not good at reading that. (it looked like the str was 600 to me)

If the str is 700 and HP is 600 Then that is fine. I think you have Focus in the planner.

2 things you need to check in last round:

1. Make base damage per second, MAXIMUM (it may already be)
2. Get the pet to 100 wrestling so you can add the Parry scroll.

You will have less Mana which is fine. Keep the other things on the planner. Add Mana last if you have the scrolls.

When you are finished with all the points, put it in the pet calculator. It looks like it was a high intensity starter.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks. :) I forgot I already had Focus on there. Okies sounds good!