• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Help with Gorget Please

Y

Yen Sid

Ok, so here is the deal, I have 120 Tailoring/100 Arms Lore yada yada yada. So I am fishing for some advice on a Gorget for my Sampire. I would like to know what is the best Gorget to make first off and the best way to get high fire resist. Gold isn't a problem really, so I was thinking, Barbed Runic Kit, use regular leather, Powder up the best one, Imbue everything I want, then enhance with horned leather for fire resist? Any other suggestions would be helpful, thanks in advance.

G

Gelf

well depends on how much fire resist you want and what other properties you want. most aren't using barbed kits much(unless you got several u want to burn),as the chances of getting what u want are low.

Myself i'd just make alot of plain leather gorgets then sort though them to get ones i want.Depending on where ur excep and arms lore bonus fell, the things you would be looking for is either extremely high fire resist(19 or better) or low to no resist(just 4 or about on fire).also you would want them to have 1-4 low mods(where you get little to no ex. and arms lore bonus on resists).
without knowing your total suit specs and what u want on gorget(suit), hard to get more specific than that.

Y

Yen Sid

I have about 20 kits laying around lol. Well basically the only things I need at this point is the high fire and stam increase. Other things could be added later hpi or mi, but that doesn't matter as much as fire and stam. After you make one enhance with horned for more fire resist?

G

Gelf

ya if ur going the imbue route, you enhance with horned after imbuing resists(if u imbued the fire would max at 22 i believe,after enhancing with horn). if u r usin a barbed kit probally just better to make with horned.

one note if u r going to use POF gotta do before u imbue
how much fire resist u got on suit now? and what u aimin for total?

just checked on enhance calculator, if u pof to 255 and imbue just fire to max(19) ,u have a 42% break chance and a 26% success chance,with horned

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can wear wood armor instead of tailoring...Use bloodwood and you wont have a problem reaching 26 and you can either use a heartwood saw or imbue and then enhance. You will get an extra +8 for bloodwood in fire. the intensity would be 26/18*100~=145.

If you want damage increase then a heartwood saw on heartwood can get you high fire. On the test center I made 28 items and one heartwood DI 10 piece was 25 fire. Using the heartwood saw and bloodwood and hitting 15 times I got 5 pieces with fire at 23, 25, 25, 27, 29.

-Lorax