• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with Golem

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity I made a golem but now I don't know what to do anymore. It is tamed. How do you get it bonded?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used a valorite Kotl Automatron to get my crafter to Lady. Bard discord an Arctic Ogre Lord. She could kill with her pet.

I have no clue how to bond a golem. If it does not begin bonded.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, there's a bunch of Automaton types nowadays. There's Golems (which have 2 different generations, the old ones have 100% Poison Resist), Advanced Golems (which come from Gadgetry Tables, and whose stats/skills are based on your Tinkering), Leather Wolves, Clockwork Scorpions, Vollems (the tinkered ones, which can't be bonded), and Kotl Automatons (which also have a Blackrock version from Tinker Rewards). Only the Kotl Automatons can be "bonded" (when they're killed, their damaged Head pops into your pack, and you have to spend Ingots to repair them back to life).

I used golems many years ago, like 20 maybe
The original Golems were very powerful when they first came out. They were virtually immune to magic damage due to their very high Resisting Spells skill (this is back when Resisting Spells skill could reduce damage from all spells), and they had Colossal Blow that allowed them to stun opponents. When the Golem took damage though, their controller would also lose Mana, and then Health if they ran out of Mana.

Last edited:

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, there's a bunch of Automaton types nowadays. There's Golems (which have 2 different generations, the old ones have 100% Poison Resist), Advanced Golems (which come from Gadgetry Tables, and whose stats/skills are based on your Tinkering), Leather Wolves, Clockwork Scorpions, Vollems (the tinkered ones, which can't be bonded), and Kotl Automatons (which also have a Blackrock version from Tinker Rewards). Only the Kotl Automatons can be "bonded" (when they're killed, their damaged Head pops into your pack, and you have to spend Ingots to repair them back to life).
The original Golems were very powerful when they first came out. They were virtually immune to magic damage due to their very high Resisting Spells skill (this is back when Resisting Spells skill could reduce damage from all spells), and they had Colossal Blow that allowed them to stun opponents. When the Golem took damage though, their controller would also lose Mana, and then Health if they ran out of Mana.
Thanks for all this information. I remained with the Golems which took no damage if hit by 100% poison weapons. And I didn't know anything about the ones that are there now. I tried to make a regular one but it was just a disappointment. Some of the new ones are interesting. I love playing with tamers but I also have a char swordman that in the end I don't use because it bores me. But with the new golems maybe I could try using it. Thanks again!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for all this information. I remained with the Golems which took no damage if hit by 100% poison weapons. And I didn't know anything about the ones that are there now. I tried to make a regular one but it was just a disappointment. Some of the new ones are interesting. I love playing with tamers but I also have a char swordman that in the end I don't use because it bores me. But with the new golems maybe I could try using it. Thanks again!
Kotl Automatons require GM Tinkering to build and control. Vollems that come from Crystals though don't require Taming to control, and if you're careful, you can slot level them once and still control them with no Taming.