• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

help with faction dexxer temp!

R

rynee64

hey all this has been annoying me for ages now so i've giving up trying to work it out for my self and decided to ask on this, ive been pvping for a short amount of time now but the char temp i got in there is this:
archery-gm/115
anat-94/gm
healing-64/gm (i know bloody low)
hiding-gm
ninjitsu-87/gm
stealth97/gm
tact-90 locked
now my question is i want to change this temp so i can get rid of hiding,stealth and put in another weap skill e.g swords but.. this is where its annoying me do i put in parry (if it does anything) or do i go with resists spells or even focus any help with this would be awesome because i even looked on the temp thread and there was nothing like this on there
thanks for anything that u put up
cheers midnight (oceania)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey all this has been annoying me for ages now so i've giving up trying to work it out for my self and decided to ask on this, ive been pvping for a short amount of time now but the char temp i got in there is this:
archery-gm/115
anat-94/gm
healing-64/gm (i know bloody low)
hiding-gm
ninjitsu-87/gm
stealth97/gm
tact-90 locked
now my question is i want to change this temp so i can get rid of hiding,stealth and put in another weap skill e.g swords but.. this is where its annoying me do i put in parry (if it does anything) or do i go with resists spells or even focus any help with this would be awesome because i even looked on the temp thread and there was nothing like this on there
thanks for anything that u put up
cheers midnight (oceania)
I'm not sure where you had looked...but there is plenty of similar postings.

Some questions for you though, are you wanting to be a stealth dexxer?

It's a fine idea if you do but if you don't...scrap the hiding. It's rather pointless unless you're going to base your character off that skill or having a thief type of toon.

1. Keep tactics where it is.

Are you planning on using archery as a primary?

2. If so: drop hiding and add another weapon skill for disarm use.

B. If not, then use a weapon skill aside from archery.

3. Parry is pointless if going with archery or using stealth. It might have its use with stealth but...meh. Other skills are more complimentary.

Really you have to decide if you want stealth and to use that as your primary motive.

I'll wait to post more after I know your intentions. If for stealth you will want high stealth and capped hiding in order to get the most bang for your buck from using death strike (if you are going to keep ninjitsu).

As a side note you can get by with 90 anatomy and 90 healing and be just fine. If concerned with damage, personally I would go with 120 anatomy and 90 healing. Why? You heal for more. Tactics is overrated.

R

rynee64

i want to get rid of hiding and stealth im gonna use archery as a primary weap skill but im also wanting to put swords on so i can disarm and other stuff i might be keeping ninjitsu it depends on wat the other skill im gonna put in aswell as swords im gonna try and keep the temp the same without hiding and stealth bcoz im really tired of it so ill prob stone it for a later date or different char
cheers for the help midnight (oceania)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you trying to make a disarm moving shot archer?

In that case I'd go:

120 archery
120 melee
100 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
120 Resist
70 med

Pretty solid build all around. Go for 120 hit point minimum, all stam inc lmc/mr armor so you can hit over 180 dex with an agility. Bleed/disarm and chase.

If you're going for surviveability you could also use wrestling instead of a melee skill. You can still disarm with that, but also when you get disarmed you won't be getting beat down, you can just disarm them right back.

Offense is obviously weaker but defense is much better.

P

Playhardgopro

:D

If you are used to and happy playing without Resist then consider subbing in 120 ninja in it's place:

120 archery
120 Wrestling/Swords
100 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
120 Ninja
70 med

Now you have options when:

- you are disarmed (120 Wrestle and high DCI so you don't have to run, you can just disarm them as Lynk says);
- you are dismounted (Animal Form and flee or mirror image and wait to remount)

If you go swords over wrestling then you lose the defensive ability when disarmed but you can get a weapon with 50 hit lower defense (and hopefully 50 lightning/fireball (and HLA for warriors)) and attack with:

Focus Attack (doubles your HLD to 100 so as soon as you land the Focus Attack, they are hld every time), Disarm, then chase with moving shot.

Mana pool may be a problem. Bows are generally slow and so you will need high stamina for swing speed. But you need high strength to stay alive and for damage, too, so INT will suffer.