• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Help With Discordance

Z

Zhao_Yun

I Just started Picking Up Discordanace on My tamer an iam 71.1 i was wounding if could help me outon what to do it so hard to gain in can some help me out. Thank You

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is your Musicianship skill at? It has an effect at your success chance for Discordance.

You want to discord targets that you have between a 40% to 60% chance of success. Refer here for information on the various monsters and animals: Barding Calculator. If you are already a decent tamer with a decent pet, you can use any of the monsters in your skill range and kill them off.

If your Musicianship is at 100.0 then Drakes, Wisps, Ki-rins, and Nightmares all fall in the 40-60% range for you.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 120 Music an 71.2 Discordance
Try either Ogre Lords, Blood Elementals, Wandering Healers, or Juka Mages at your skill level with 120 Musicianship. Check the calculator I linked earlier, if none of them fit your fancy.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my first suggestion would be to stone off the Legendary Music and work back up to GM and go at it from there with NPC ammo.

i just find the gains better that way.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
lutes and such from NPC tinker

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
bullets for your bard-o-matic machine gun.... your lute man!!!

Z

Zhao_Yun

i guess i dunno what that is lol but ill look on a tinker for it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
your a bard and you dont know what a lute is?

how about a drum?
ever heard of one of those?

what exactlly do you use to play music for your bard skills?

Z

Zhao_Yun

oh alrite so i have is 95.4 music now i an i gotten my discordance to 95.5 been working on it on Hiryu i was woundering when do i switch to Cu Sidhe an where do i tames those at?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you can switch to cu's anytime after 85

and you will find them in the twisted weld which is located just outside of the spirituality shrine in ilsh.

Z

Zhao_Yun

Oh shut well i guess i gotta find where they spwan at is it thered lil portal with the sparkles in the dungeon?

Z

Zhao_Yun

Well i just Hit GM Discordance on Hiyru Now iam trying on Cu can they take me to 120 discordance an should i keep my music at 100?

B

Barracoon The Piper

Discordance:

0-30: Teach
24-40: Shadow Wisp o Corpser
40-56: Swamp Dragon
65-90: Pixie
90-105: Dragon
105-115: Centaur (paragon)
115-120: Serpentine Dragon (paragon)

I'm a legendary Bard, you Know it..... Mauhauahuahua

Barracoon The Piper.

Z

Zhao_Yun

Oh alrite thanks for your replys iam at 105 right now i been working on cu

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
disco does not flag you as a aggressor

B

Beethoven the bard

Ugh I'm at 109.4... working discord makes me sad inside

Z

Zhao_Yun

i just hit 110 this morning. What have u been working ur discordance on?

S

Saris

so im on cu's right now and i use 10, im 98.5 i get a .1 about ever 4 hours lol, I can barley stand to work it, 120 is gonna kill me, i could retame the cu's and train them. I wonder if it would help with gains. I wish I still had my old bard, he had 100 enticement,it would have saved about 2 days time.

on average though its not much slower than bush was, i went about .1 between ggs after 100 on bush lol

hmm here goes 2 weeks :p

im at 100.6 music locked, and my cu average 90 barding diff

me thinks its just a long skill, all though when im up for it it goes up faster hunting stuff.