[Detect Hidden] Help with Detect Hidden

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Toledo Ohio
So Seriously I Need Help Here I got to 80 off a box at the provisioner's but it wont move now seriously what do I need to do?

S

Simon Francis

Detecting Hidden is a skill that rivals taming in time required. Go to Vesper Bank. Once you hit 90's, it might only gain around .2-.5 per 8 hr increments.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
If you're already in factions, try hanging out at one of the bases where you know faction floor traps are in place and just detect those over and over.

Or have a tinker with tinkering skill that is at least 15 points higher than your detect hidden skill make you a bunch of dart trapped boxes. Then set up a macro in UOAssist to use Detect Hidden skill on each one of the trapped boxes.

You could also go to the Jhelom bank or anyplace else that has static (versus spawning) trapped chests and use the skill on all of the chests in the building.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2006
Atlantic / Boston MA
Or have a tinker with tinkering skill that is at least 15 points higher than your detect hidden skill make you a bunch of dart trapped boxes. Then set up a macro in UOAssist to use Detect Hidden skill on each one of the trapped boxes.
that is the best way to do it. a little tedious, but no more so than the other methods. i finally reached 100. you can gain off the same box, so you don't need to have many trapped boxes. i had my carpenter make 6 red wooden boxes. then, as my tinker trained up her skills, i had her dart trap the boxes at 50 tinker skill, then 60, then 70, etc. until she was GM and then had her trap the last box. when my treasure hunter got to around 63 skill, i had her start attempting to detect the 70-skill box. when she got to around 73 skill, i had her detect the 80-skill box, etc. slow but steady and you'll get there!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Actually, the fastest I ever gained Detect Hidden was not long after I started in factions and a guildmate told me to go detect our faction's traps out in front of the base for a little bit. I think I went from around 96 to GM in less than an hour by detecting those 10-12 traps repeatedly. Was pretty amazing.

Of course, doing it that way only works if your character is in factions. Non-faction characters can't detect faction traps.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2006
Atlantic / Boston MA
that's what i've heard too, Tina! that if you're in factions it's the absolute best way to raise your detect hidden really fast. i've never played in a faction, so trained my detect hidden the harder way.

T

Tuchman

So Seriously I Need Help Here I got to 80 off a box at the provisioner's but it wont move now seriously what do I need to do?
Dungeon Covetous lvl 1 upper north area chests in this area will take you to GM, Evil mages in this area should not really be a problem if your 70 or above in a wep skill.

T

Tuchman

I'm stuck at 70.... which provisioner are you talking about?
Try the Skara Brae Provisioner shop or the Vesper Bank as advised below.

The problem I had with the Vesper bank the chests keep moving around ! making UOAssist hard to use.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Ok, to add in some ideas here:

I am training detect hidden right now. Fortunately I have Hiding/Stealth so I've been able to get deep into dungeons.

I found that Destard is a great place to get gains. First level and the last level.

I tried the factions idea, but at the moment it seems everyone is more concerned about getting those artifacts instead of putting up traps, so no one has traps for me to gain on :(

Anyone got anymore tricks to gaining fast?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I'm not sure how far it will take me, but I've been training on an unopened paragon chest in my back pack, running a uoa macro while reading boards and working on other stuff on my 2nd monitor. Currently at 70.2.
Not as fast as I maybe could have been if I didn't keep getting involved in the stuff on the 2nd screen and not noticing that my macro has finished :D.

B

Belanos/Icicle

I don't know why its taking you all so much time, I did a few hours at a time over several, taking my time, 50 to gm in maybe 20-25 hours, gaining off a GM locked/trapped box that I made myself.