• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help with a pre t2a WW

Bigger problem gun control or people’s inability to effectively lock away and secure their firearms?

• Gun control

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Responsible gun ownership

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hey all Lord of the Dragons from here and in dire need of knowledge on how I should do my first train on my pre pub WW. I am just getting back into UO since 2008 ish. I have played on and off a few months here and there but wanted to reach out for help. Donavan on LS has been Uber helpful with showing me training spots but now that I am ready to train I need to know what todo with the points. Any help would be appreciated more than you know. Stats resist first train or special abilities? I am a noob when it comes to this and don’t want to mess up my favorite pet from back in the day. Thanks again everyone for the amazing community you have invited me into.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am a noob when it comes to this and don’t want to mess up my favorite pet from back in the day.
IMO, as a avid trainer of prepatches/legacies, I think you should wait.

Train other animals, train a good few of them. Perhaps find some 3 slot white wyrms, train those up. Get a feel of what pet skills/stats works best for your character and your person behind the computer's skills. Rushing into taming a legacy pet leads to 1 thing... mistakes. As I said, I'm been an avid trainer of legacies before it was popular/desired. I also have OCD when it comes to loring animals. I see so many mistakes which greatly dimish the capabilities of legacy animals. There are many viable templates and depending upon your character's template, they form different synergies. Your white wyrm is not replaceable. Don't go to rush to train it.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Im with khaelor, i blew my only legacy mare and my bane by going at it before i knew how the system worked and what my needs were. I will say tho I used my legacy ww solely to for the belfry. I gave him AI and chiv, the rest into stats and scrolls. I have absolutely no regrets as he completely destroys the belfry.

Thank you for the reply. During my lunch break Don showed me on test center how to do the stock first training and how to test out the builds. I say again thanks for the awesome community!

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Im with khaelor, i blew my only legacy mare and my bane by going at it before i knew how the system worked and what my needs were. I will say tho I used my legacy ww solely to for the belfry. I gave him AI and chiv, the rest into stats and scrolls. I have absolutely no regrets as he completely destroys the belfry.
Nice! How long does it take for your WW to solo Belfry? Still need to use the animal taming III mastery right?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nice! How long does it take for your WW to solo Belfry? Still need to use the animal taming III mastery right?
That depends. Tamer template, is the dragon discorded? ETC. They are prettty quick though.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That depends. Tamer template, is the dragon discorded? ETC. They are prettty quick though.
I just returned to this game from a 1.5year break so my tamer only has a mare and a GD. Last time I tried to solo Belfry with my tamer + discord, it took ages. I'm curious how long it would take now with the taming update. Theorycrafting, I'd say a discord tamer + WW with chiv+AI sounds like a good template to take down Belfy. How long do you think it would take given that setup?

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I two box with my disco Provo build. So he's always disco. I go up with my ww on my tamer with eval. I just keep him blessed. I don't run consume, instead I mage or bandie heal. I haven't done i t in a bit but it's insanely fast compared yo the old days of greater drags. Important thing is, it might be the fastest pet possible.with a dragon they blow too much mana on dragon breath and their dmg to resist match up is worse. So yeah, a good chiv pre patch ww is definitely a decent choice, as long as the roof is top dog at least. If you don't have a prepatch ww, go with a plat/crimson cold drake. I haven't done it yet but I'm sure they are right on par with a ww.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I two box with my disco Provo build. So he's always disco. I go up with my ww on my tamer with eval. I just keep him blessed. I don't run consume, instead I mage or bandie heal. I haven't done i t in a bit but it's insanely fast compared yo the old days of greater drags. Important thing is, it might be the fastest pet possible.with a dragon they blow too much mana on dragon breath and their dmg to resist match up is worse. So yeah, a good chiv pre patch ww is definitely a decent choice, as long as the roof is top dog at least. If you don't have a prepatch ww, go with a plat/crimson cold drake. I haven't done it yet but I'm sure they are right on par with a ww.
A guildie runs one of those, it has more favorable resist types but 10-60 less str.

Jaela

Journeyman
I run a frost dragon/Prepatch WW 9x120.. takes about 3 1/2 mins on average for belfry (hes discorded.)