• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help. What am I doing wrong? Can't use Inscription.

Lavender

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Why can't I inscribe scrolls.... ANY scrolls?

I'm trying to make Recall scrolls:
Have 100 Inscription Skill
143 Mana
Blank Scrolls
Mandrake Root
Blood Moss
Black Pearl

It always says "You don't have the components to make that."

I have tried taking off the skill and putting it back. I'm not overweight either.

Attachments

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
try logging out and logging back in or just close and open your bag ive been having that problem lately with it updating items

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why can't I inscribe scrolls.... ANY scrolls?

I'm trying to make Recall scrolls:
Have 100 Inscription Skill
143 Mana
Blank Scrolls
Mandrake Root
Blood Moss
Black Pearl

It always says "You don't have the components to make that."

I have tried taking off the skill and putting it back. I'm not overweight either.
Are you maybe missing an spellbook with the spell in question?

"In order to copy a spell to Scroll form, you need to be carrying a spellbook which already contains that spell." Inscription - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh geez. That was exactly the issue. I don't carry one on my crafter. The crafting gump lists the reagents, mana, and scrolls but I suppose they thought having a spellbook was a given because it's not listed as a requirement!

Thank you!
This dates back to the very start of UO, when having all spells available wasn't a given. :)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh geez. That was exactly the issue. I don't carry one on my crafter. The crafting gump lists the reagents, mana, and scrolls but I suppose they thought having a spellbook was a given because it's not listed as a requirement!

Thank you!
I have a specific character as a scribe, thus have a full book on him all the time. But yeah ... having the spellbook with all spells in it is practically a must. If you're on LA I can crank out as many as you need.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thank you!
Yeap. Been there. Done that.