• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP! Switching From Credit card to 6 month code

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do I do it? I feel really silly, but we've used a credit card since about 1995. Due to recent events we need to put codes on our account until things are sorted out.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you enter the code into the account. Your credit card renewal date automatically begins after the code ends.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that date gets pushed further back the more coded you add. I've got a credit card on file but I'm coded out to 2024.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what you do is you log into your EA account. Click the thing up at the top that says current account, if you have more than one linked to your master.

Select correct account. Then it loads a list of what I guess we're going to call sub accounts. And then the rest is more less self-explanatory from there but y'all just want to look for a button that says activate key under the correct account name.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And that date gets pushed further back the more coded you add. I've got a credit card on file but I'm coded out to 2024.
Thank you so much!
Our Dad died and the card we used Amex Gold was in his name with us girls as additional card holders. Since its in his name we'll probably have to close it so we were trying to keep all 8 accts safe.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much!
Our Dad died and the card we used Amex Gold was in his name with us girls as additional card holders. Since its in his name we'll probably have to close it so we were trying to keep all 8 accts safe.
Well you can easily leave the credit card info on there until you can update it to something more current. Because like I said the date just keeps getting pushed to the more codes you add, so provided you have codes you're good to go. But if you run out and forget the ad one. Then that's when the clock kicks in.

Sorry for the loss.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remember also you always have 3 months before house decays after the account is closed. So Sorry For your Loss

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok you can Switch your Credit card on the account via this way

1 Choose payment type - 6 month saves you $3 a month

1.JPG

2) Then Click continue & it takes you here on the next page Click Manage Accounts

2.JPG

3) On the Manage accounts page you can Add a credit card or paypal Etc.

3.JPG

Hope this Helps @Luc of Legends

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure they know how to switch credit cards, but if you read the exact nature of the title. You more or less misunderstood what she was asking to which I already answered.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can delete it through origin.com which is where they keep the credit card information. Log into it with the same email and password that you use to log into your master account with. Your username will appear on the lower left side, choose account and billing, and then payment methods which is where the credit card information is kept. You can delete it from there.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is good to know - I'll probably end up doing this since using a 6month cert saves $2.99 a month but never liked the idea of it not "refreshing" to keep my account active. If it will just default back to the CC once the gametime is over that's some reassurance. Ever had an issue when it double charged you (charged for monthly while using game cert)?

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You can also just close the account, it will remain active so long as there is time left but will not re-bill. You can add time to it later as needed via code... and swap out or delete the CC info when that's sorted. I recomend not leaving a CC on file.