• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help Please

• Thread starter imported_bioras
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_bioras

I have one char that still has yet to recover from the lore change. She can't control her Cu and can't seem to get more than one gain a day in lore. She's still under 80 lore, yet can't gain when taming drakes or healing pets. Now what?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If all fails, simply sit somewhere and lore (others) pets. That might be slow (and very boring) but it definately should work.

G

If your near your skill cap it will be brutaly slow. Try stoning off at least three skills and then just sit in one spot and lore one of your small tamed pets like a horse. It should only take a couple of hours to GM from 80.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Offering an alternative point of view. I haven't found stoning your skills makes any difference in skill gain, all I did was waste a bunch of charges on some fragments...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have one char that still has yet to recover from the lore change. She can't control her Cu and can't seem to get more than one gain a day in lore. She's still under 80 lore, yet can't gain when taming drakes or healing pets. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to ask this on your thread, but it seemed appropriate sice you mentioned it

What lore change?

J

joblackjon

According to Stratic's GGS timer chart: if you have less than 350 total, real skill points you can get a GGS gain every 3 hours at 80 skill.

What I would do is remove all Lore jewelry and get yourself Discoed in the Twisted Weal. The lower the skilll, the faster the gain. Then just Lore anything til the cows come home.

And I don't believe you need multiple targets for Lore. I think you can use the same one over and over. I finished both of my tamers before the anti-macro code was removed.

I

imported_bioras

Yikes. I stoned tame &amp; vet &amp; lored a pet for an hour...nothing. On the plus side I am now bored to death. I actually dozed off. Can't get any lore gains, but can now get some sleep.

I

imported_Tina Small

Give this a try and see if it helps: Tame two critters with lots of hit points (e.g., gaman) and then have them fight each other while you heal and lore them. You should start to see some steady lore gains as well as vet gains if you keep at it for at least 15-20 minutes. If that doesn't do it, then tame two things with fewer hit points that will do significant damage to each other, e.g., grizzly bears, and try the same thing with them. I have a theory that if you can start getting some steady vet gains, you just might kick-start the lore gains too.
Just make sure you stick with it for at least 15-20 minutes.

I

imported_bioras

Yes!!! 5 Gains in less than 5 mins. Thanks Tina

I

imported_bioras

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to ask this on your thread, but it seemed appropriate sice you mentioned it

What lore change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't remember when exactly, but a few months ago lore was changed to play more of a role in pet control. Tamers with lower lore logged on to find that they could no longer control their dogs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Can't remember when exactly, but a few months ago lore was changed to play more of a role in pet control. Tamers with lower lore logged on to find that they could no longer control their dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, thanks, I was away for several months - I'll go see if I can find something about the changes

G

I have found that I gain most by taming. I decided to make a second tamer on the same account. What I ended up doing is stoning lore from my main tamer (115 vet) to the other.

I went to twisted weild and was gaining up to .5 while taming Cu's. Granted, i wasn't gaining lore on every one, but, even when I was at 107.2, i gained .4 off taming one Cu.