• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help Please!

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, so I was transferring a character from Atlantic to Great Lakes. I figured that while that was processing, I would transfer a character from Napa Valley to Lake Superior (same account). It said that I couldn't make the second transfer while one was in process. No problem; I waited an hour or so and made the second transfer and went to bad.

So I come home from work today, and the first character that I tried to transfer is no where to be found - not on Atlantic and not on Great Lakes. The second transfer seems to have gone off without a hitch.

Where is my first character?! Has anyone had this issue? Is there anything I can do? Does anyone have any ideas??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! He was scrolled to 120 fishing, have about 150 million in rares I bought on Atlantic, and had a fisher suit (whatever they're called). I'd be pretty disappointed if these items, and the character, are lost forever!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What you described shouldn't be possible... you said you started a second transfer on the same account as the current transfer... that isn't supposed to be possible at all, there is a 24 hour timer between transfers on the same account.

I'm not sure what happened, but it sounds like somehow your second transfer slipped by the games programming and caused the game to end the first transfer in order to start the second one. If that's the case, the game might have glitched and deleted your original transfer entirely out of confusion when it saw two simultaneous transfers going.

I have done well over 100 transfers with shard shields, and it always makes me wait 24 hours between them on the same account.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cancelled a copy to TC 2 weeks ago. Haven't been able to transfer or copy there since. I called a GM, he showed up in 10 mins and said I have a transfer pending. He had to refere it to Devs. Not fixed yet.

But OP: Call a GM in game by using the help menu. Then you will get a referral.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What you described shouldn't be possible... you said you started a second transfer on the same account as the current transfer... that isn't supposed to be possible at all, there is a 24 hour timer between transfers on the same account.

I'm not sure what happened, but it sounds like somehow your second transfer slipped by the games programming and caused the game to end the first transfer in order to start the second one. If that's the case, the game might have glitched and deleted your original transfer entirely out of confusion when it saw two simultaneous transfers going.

I have done well over 100 transfers with shard shields, and it always makes me wait 24 hours between them on the same account.
Maybe the 24hr cooldown doesn't start until the first one is completed. That in effect would allow two to go through. Either way it doesn't sound good ):

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You need to page a GM.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I cancelled a copy to TC 2 weeks ago. Haven't been able to transfer or copy there since. I called a GM, he showed up in 10 mins and said I have a transfer pending. He had to refere it to Devs. Not fixed yet.

But OP: Call a GM in game by using the help menu. Then you will get a referral.
That same thing happened to me! It took 3 "helps" to GM's, an email, and 9 days to get that problem fixed for me. :( Hopefully not as long for you. Good luck!

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks all for your suggestions! I paged a super helpful GM (Cherborg or something) who put it in for investigation, and I received an e-mail from Broadsword saying they'd look into it *crosses fingers*

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It sounds like this is getting sorted out, hopefully. It puzzles me how you were even able to log into the same account while the transfer was in progress. I always get the message that I won't be able to log in to anything on that account until the transfer is completed. In any event, good luck

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't imagine why you wouldnt check on the status of the first transfer, and instead begin a 2nd one ? I'm assuming this was done with store bought transfer tokens, as for whatever reason, the devs make those who've chosen the Shard Shields, wait an entire 24 hrs.

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't imagine why you wouldnt check on the status of the first transfer, and instead begin a 2nd one ? I'm assuming this was done with store bought transfer tokens, as for whatever reason, the devs make those who've chosen the Shard Shields, wait an entire 24 hrs.
It was with shield tokens. I don't do a ton of transfers, but I believe that when you initiate the first transfer, it just says that you won't be able to log into the beginning and the destination shards (on that account), which is why I assumed that doing anything else on other shards, including performing any other transfers, would be okay ;)

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an update...

Got an e-mail today from Broadsword saying that my character was now on the destination shard, and he indeed was! Thanks so much to those that offered help, insight, opinions and well wishes, and special thanks to the folks at Broadsword / whoever, including the GM who really seemed concerned and was crazy helpful!!

Last edited: