• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Help, PLease - Lave Fish & Other Questions

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, I have a few questions for you fisher-folk:

1) I finally started to get bait for lava fish. I'm at just over 100 skill (yeah, my first 110 fishing scroll!) and went to the bridge in the entrance to the underworld dungeon; the area before the goblins on your way to Navery. Anyway, I used about 30 baits on my regular fishing pole with no lava fish catches, so I went to the underworld and fished in lava with the bait and a lava pole, and still no lava fish catches...what gives? Do I need higher skill?

2) So, when do I start getting dungeon fish requests from the mongers? In my last dozen quests or so, I think that about 1/3 have been over 100 points. During that time I've gotten rewards of lava fish bait (2 times), and a 105, and 110 power scroll, but none of the requests have had dungeon fish.

3) I also just want to verify that I don't get penalized if I don't accept a new quest when I turn in a quest for rewards; I have the understanding that you only get penalized if you accet the quest and then terminate it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Okay, I have a few questions for you fisher-folk:

1) I finally started to get bait for lava fish. I'm at just over 100 skill (yeah, my first 110 fishing scroll!) and went to the bridge in the entrance to the underworld dungeon; the area before the goblins on your way to Navery. Anyway, I used about 30 baits on my regular fishing pole with no lava fish catches, so I went to the underworld and fished in lava with the bait and a lava pole, and still no lava fish catches...what gives? Do I need higher skill?

2) So, when do I start getting dungeon fish requests from the mongers? In my last dozen quests or so, I think that about 1/3 have been over 100 points. During that time I've gotten rewards of lava fish bait (2 times), and a 105, and 110 power scroll, but none of the requests have had dungeon fish.

3) I also just want to verify that I don't get penalized if I don't accept a new quest when I turn in a quest for rewards; I have the understanding that you only get penalized if you accet the quest and then terminate it.

Any help would be appreciated!
1 I am not sure the exact level but I would wait till you hit at least 110

2 I believe dungeon fish start at 106 skill

3 True as long as you do not abandon quest once the crate is in your hold

M

Muu Bin

I did catch a lava fish at 100 skill. It was in the Abyss in an area near the Passage of Tears mini champ spawn - no bait was used. This would have been about 6-8 months ago. Not sure if things might have changed with any recent publishes.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bait only increases your chance for the referred fish for a low amount. Getting none of the desired after using 30 charges of a bait is a common experience. The new, more rare smelly and extra smelly baits increase your chances more but I cannot say too much about them, becourse I havent tried yet.
Depending on the rating-system you use, you need 100+ or 200+ rating to get the high end rewards. If you have got a 100-charges bait for a legendary catch, you had such a high-point order. (And no ... those baits are only available as 100-charges and lava fish is none of them.)
Your real skill need to be at 106 before you start to get orders for dungeon fishes.