• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Help please for 16 year old noob

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okies iam getting a feeling iam miles behind playing the same old stealth mage and tamer ive had for 16 years
yes a made a sampire too...but...hes not that brilliant at any peerless bosses...maybe its just me..

so mage, sampire and tamer prob 3 chars i use

2 main template chars are missing the mix ...maybe lacking'' a thrower'' and ''a archer''...so one at a time...

lets make a'' archer''- they seem popular...iam told paladin archers..yes??

any help will be great for ideal template- not too hard to make- skill raise.....i have tons skills stoned...mainly gm 100 skills ... and have worked archery up to 90...hoping to be gm very soon..

were shall i go....do we still use 100 resist etc etc

many thanks david

Seelendolch

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would always say Throwing over Archery.

& you could also add a Bard.
Do you need a gargoyle to do throwing? i have a paladin type build and i was going to stone off swords and train up archery on my human pally, for some reason (idk why) i was thinking you had to be a gargoyle to use throwing, but if my human can use it, i wont train archery up, throwing instead :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is my understanding that only gargs can throw....but you can probably easily confirm or deny this for us

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can only use archery with human and elves, and throwing with Gargoyles.
Gargoyles can't train archery, human and elves can't train throwing.

Sorta stupid decision, as throwing weapons are common place within Ultima games and lore, but oh well.