• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

help needed!

G

hello, is there any way to change the screen resolution in EA-Land above 800x600? I know you used to be able to in TSO in the past. have they taken this ability away?

S

Sean Kendrick

All Programs>Maxis>The Sims Online>The Sims Online(1024x768)

It'll bring up the prompt and you can click either EA Land(Beta) or The Sims Online.

M

Monkeybear

You can't run EA Land in full screen mode anymore however you can make your window bigger, right click your EA Land client shortcut in target put

-w -r1024x768

there is a space at the front of -w

G

i seem to have problem with this, should i try reinstalling using the cd instead of downloading the client?

under maxis the only thing listed is sim city 4

G

It won't be under Maxis if you used the install...look under Electronic Arts.

G

i dont have an electronic arts listed on my start menu. the only place it appears is in windows explorer under "all programs". there is no place where i can choose what resolution to start the game at.

i should be more clear, i dont want to play ea-land i want to play the sims online in 1024x768

G

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" "-r1024x768" -w

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" "-r1024x768" -w

G

<blockquote><hr>

i dont have an electronic arts listed on my start menu. the only place it appears is in windows explorer under "all programs". there is no place where i can choose what resolution to start the game at.

i should be more clear, i dont want to play ea-land i want to play the sims online in 1024x768

[/ QUOTE ]

EA Land and The Sims Online are the same game. EA Land is the huge city that the production cities will all be merged into. Once the merges are complete, the game will no longer be known as "The Sims Online" but rather "EA Land".

If the EA Land folder shows up in Windows Explorer, then you should also be able to locate it by going into My Computer and following the directory path opening the folders until you locate the EA Land file. Not precisely relevant to your problem, but it seemed like you were thinking they are two separate games, when in actuality they're not. It's just a matter of whether you want to access production city sims, EA Land sims or TC3 sims. Once the merges happen, the only choices will be EA Land sims or TC3 sims, with whatever sims you had in the production cities now showing up in the EA Land slots, provided you didn't have more than 4 EA Land sims to an account.