• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Help needed with setting up a UOAssist Macro for Lobsters/Crabs Traps fishing...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I returned to UO after quite a good while away from it and was trying to catch up with Fishing....

Does anyone have good advice to offer for a good and working macro with UOAssist (I use the 2D Client) that would work with Lobsters and Crabs Traps fihing ?

How do I get the macro to "see" which Trap I want to pull up FAST from the water before it sinks ?

I know that I can manually click on it but in between the mouse movement and the double clicking necessary the Trap often sinks...

Pulling it too early is not also good because 1 bob often yields only a normal Lobster/Crab, not the named ones which are needed for the Quests...

So, I need to wait for more then one bob but then, the more bobs the easier that the Trap sinks and, so, I need a much faster action to pull it out of the water before losing it....

Hence my need to set up a Macro with UOAssist for this purpose....

Has anyone come up with a good and working one to suggest me ?

Also, I seem to understand that back in February 2016
@Kyronix
(Quick Question on the Dungeon fishing quests.) mentioned that in the Valley of Eodon they would have added (apparently because missing...) new Rare oand Legendary fish to catch as well as new fish/lobsters/crabs/bait etc for the Eodon Lands.

Was this then added having almost 3 Years now gone by ?

Thanks !!

Last edited: