• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help needed with a "pool" and half-stairs.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend and I have been trying to make goza stairs leading back down from chopped half stairs. We can walk up the chopped stairs but when we drop down the gozas and raise them,we can not step onto them and thus make a path down into the pool. Any tips are very welcome.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have never worked with that tile set, but if those are wall pieces creating the pool, perhaps that's what preventing you from stepping?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there's a ceiling or roof over that room you're probably hitting your head on it. You can only raise a goza a few times and be able to step on it in a ceiling'd room.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also do you have some half wall there behind those fountains? That might be preventing you from going over it. Half walls won't let you walk over them sometimes.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hum well your going up 10 with your half stairs unless you go *Thinks how to explain this* if you do goza stairs form the north wall and wrap um around one of the sides and then back to the south wall where your stairs are you can make the high back up in goza stairs but you need a much longer run of gozas to go up 10 then you do real stairs. This is all assuming I understood you correctly about being able to walk up the stairs and end up in the center of your construction. If you can't do that then you need to remove the walls behind the stairs and check on your roof...

Code:
|            G        G    W|       
|                          W|   
|WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW|     
-----------SSSSS--------------     
           SSSSS                              
           SSSSS                              
           SSSSS                              

Each set of | = one walking tile for this description
            |
You appear to have walls here W
If my assessment is correct your inside walking area is 2 x 3

So if you wanna make the hight back up to get to the 10z above where
 the Ss are then you need to wrap your goza stairs around like this

I started with the lower g for the lowest goza and ended with the upper
 G for the highest

The gozas in between the beginning and end are obviously to be in between
 heights,  I'm not saying that is how many you need for sure but that's 
the idea you need to work with.  It may very well need to start low in the
 bottom left and go around 3 corners but hopefully this conveys the idea.
Hope this helps =)

Sorry if this post is a bit messy but I had to preview it about 90 times to get the spacing right...