• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help needed to install Pinko's

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have pinko's installed on my machine, we (my partner and I) have been trying to instal it on his machine.

He runs windows 7, have the direct x9 (better than), unzipped the download into
c://program files (x86)/Electronic Arts/Ultima Online Enhanced

He is running as administrator

put shortcut on desktop for PatcherUI, press run to open it and get the error message:

UI patcher has stopped working.

Absolutely no idea how to make it work any ideas?

This was a new computer a few months ago so while not super high end it doesn't have any problems.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this always happen when it's installed in the wrong place, probably the game is not installed there or the unzip program created a sub-folder...
anyhow, just follow the setup guide and all will be fine.
There are also several posts around here with the same problem :p

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this always happen when it's installed in the wrong place, probably the game is not installed there or the unzip program created a sub-folder...
anyhow, just follow the setup guide and all will be fine.
There are also several posts around here with the same problem :p
I was following the set up guide when I set it up :(

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok figured it out, finally, even tho he shows as 'administrator', in fact it says 'Ken Administrator' when you look at the settings to actually get the ui to patch you have to right click on the shortcut icon, and manually 'select' run as administrator in windows 7.

No idea you had to do this, just found it when i was trouble shooting on windows seven forums. I am still running xp on my computer and don't have to bugger around doing this. Oh well, finally got it worked out. Thanks for the help. :)