• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help needed, money/item maker char

S

Slatko

Hi

First of all this will be a bit longwinded, I explain what I have and what I want.

I quit WoW like 6 months ago, being bored with it, and the little options you
actually have to influence your character. So I just reactivated my account
some days ago, only to find it stripped for just about everything.

i wrote to EA, I called a GM, they just send me around, none of them want to
actually try to help me out.

So I have given up on getting anything back, and have decided I will bite the
bullet and try to start over with a new char, that char should most likely be
a tamer of some flavour.

I have 5 naked chars, a thief, a swordsman, a fisherguy, a wannabe crafter
and a mage, none of them can do anything naked, so to reequip them I need
a char that can kick some behind.

For some reason I have a stone with 95 provo on it, dont think I ever trained
provo, funny thing is that is all that was left on account.

This is where you guys and girls come into the picture, what kind of tamer is
a good money/itemmaker?

What template will help me back on my feet the fastest?
(I do not mind if it will be hard work, as long as the effort is worth it)

What race should I pick?

What skills should I start with at creation?
(obviously those that are hardest to raise)

What should I hunt with this tamer, when I get it up and running?

I know this is a lot to ask for, but I havent played for at least 4 years more
likely 5, my account is upgraded up to Samurai thing.

I am not asking you to play for me, I just need some solid advices to get me
back into the game I once loved so much, and obviously still do.

I have read a bit in here, and tbh I am a bit confused, all I have gotten from
it so far is that it seems that tamer/bard of some flavour is the way to go.

I am not interested in funfactor at first, mindnumbing work for a short time
do not bother me, I just want an easy way to create money and items, so I
can reequip my chars, then I can start having fun again :)

Besides I always wanted a tamer back when I played, just dint have time for
another char back then.

Slatko

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am not interested in funfactor at first, mindnumbing work for a short time do not bother me, I just want an easy way to create money and items, so I can reequip my chars, then I can start having fun again :)
First off, this is UO, so nothing worth doing is really easy unless you are prepared to cheat, which hopefully you aren't. My first advice to you would be to upgrade to the latest expansion, Stygian Abyss. It is one of the best expansions ever, and there are some aspects of it that you will want to have access to.

My second piece of advice is, if you can possibly do it, don't let yourself get back into the classic client. Start off with the enhanced client. It will be a wrench, but better now than when you are relearning the game anyway. There are many many advantages to using the enhanced client, and if you are having to relearn the game anyway, you might as well do it on the enhanced client.

Just make sure you don't give up on it after a day or two. It took me a solid three months to get used to the enhanced client when I came back after a couple of years away, but it was worth the effort of getting to know it and setting it up in a way that worked for me. I can tell you without a doubt I am better at every aspect of the game because I am using the enhanced client.

And then it comes to grinding for items and money. My advice to you would be to make a simple, straight forward dexxer/lumberjack. Forget the tamer for now. Make a lumberjack and get your combat skills up to 90 so you can use the weapon specials.

Then what you want to do is get an axe with the whirlwind special, with some life, mana and stamina leech on it, and some ssi if you can manage that. Find someone to make you one with imbuing. It doesn't need to be great, if you are on Catskills I'll make you one for free. The double axe is a good choice. You should also get your hands on a vermin slayer talisman. They are fairly common, so you should be able to get one.

Then you go to The Abyss, and start grinding The Cavern of the Discarded.

Why do I say The Cavern of the Discarded? Because you can make some gold from the ratmen in the first section, but you can get lots of imbuing ingredients. You will want the imbuing ingredients for yourself, but they also sell very well (50 to 100k each is the going rate, and sometimes more).

Now if you need magic items to unravel to train imbuing, you can't go wrong with the Hall of the Kings, which is in the entrance to The Abyss on the Ter Mur side. You will need to do some fairly easy quests both to get into the Hall of the Kings, and The Abyss. For the Hall of the Kings an undead slayer double axe with some ssi will speed things up significantly, but you can do well without it.

In the Hall of the Kings you will get as much gold and items as you can carry in under five minutes easily, and in fact if you bring a blue beetle you will be able to fill that up as well in under five minutes. One of the reasons why I strongly encourage you to give the enhanced client an honest try is that you can right click on items to loot them and it makes looting much much easier and faster (but there are many more benefits to the enhanced client as well).

Anyway, if you are playing on Cats, I'd be glad to help you get started again. You can ICQ me at 11893766.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think someone posted a link above to a post I made recently about starting off a low-level tamer using bouras, which requires you to have the Stygian Abyss expansion. Below is some information I've PMd one or two people who asked me about making a tamer from scratch but that doesn't use bouras as part of the process. This is focused primarily on WHAT to tame when.

Lately I've been starting my tamers with 50 taming and 50 magery. I buy up peacemaking, musicianship and vet skill from the NPCs and let meditation, focus, and evaluate intelligence go up on their own, although eventually the char has no focus or eval and med is only 40. (The final template for real skills is 120 music, 120 peacemaking, 120 taming, 110 lore, 110 vet (sometimes 105), 100 magery, and 40 med.)

Okay on to actual taming. I start out taming brown bears by Moonglow Zoo. Sometimes I switch to the timber wolves for variety. Tame, release, area peace (or try to LOL), then kill the released bear with magery spells to train up magery.

When taming is in the low 60s, switch to polar bears. Then switch to snow leopards when taming is at about 70. Switch to white wolves when you get to low 80s. Or put on jewelry to get to about 90 taming and tame bulls. (By the time I get to white wolves sometimes I seriously need a break from looking at all that ice.) You can also try gaman instead of white wolves, especially if you want to get in some vet gains by taming two, releasing one and killing it with the other one while you keep the tamed one alive with vet skill.

When taming is up to about 80, I often put on jewelry to get taming up to the 104-109 range and tame unicorns. Tame two, release one and kill it with the one that is still tamed. Or tame a nightmare and use it for killing the released unicorns. It's great training for the nightmares.

I'll usually tame unicorns for about an hour or two and then drop off the leather and gold and take a short break.

When real taming is about 100, I pretty much stop the hour or two-hour long taming sessions and just tame a dragon or two every day or every other day. When taming hits about 117, you only get a gain about every third day.

I think what helps me stay motivated to keep going with the taming is collecting leather and/or gold while I'm doing it. I usually don't have anything else on the shard, so the plain leather goes to my tailor and any horned leather usually goes to library donations to get a Birds of Britannia talisman. When I have decent pets to go to Ilshenar to do that quest, I try to get it done with the tamer and also with my crafter...just get enough of the sacs for two chars plus an extra one or two if timers are running close. Then I kill lots of drakes and wyverns in Destard (the north corner is good for that), the occasional dragon if I feel like ducking GDs for a while, or wyverns in Ilshenar near the lighthouse, plus unicorns. (Killing released ones doesn't ding your karma.) It usually takes a week or two of hunting and donating every day to get the talisman.

I've tried taming a few other things, like bullfrogs and giant serpents and dire wolves, but just can't find good steady spawn that isn't too overwhelmingly dangerous for a newish character. The Arctic Island of course has orcs and ice trolls, but they're pretty easy to kill and provide a steady small income of gold and keep you awake too. LOL

The path I've outlined generally lets me also work up the character's other skills to a reasonable level at the same time. By the time real taming is at 100, peacemaking and music are also that high or higher and it's easier to use peacemaking to calm a dragon to tame it. And by the time I get to taming polar bears and bulls, magery is high enough (with the aid of books and jewels) to use flamestrike spell or e-bolt spells to kill the released animals in one or two hits and get some good magery gains in the process. And I area peace as much as possible while taming unicorns to get gains. Following this path and putting two-three hours per day into a character usually gets it to the point of being able to tame a nightmare in maybe a week. If I get two nightmares, I let them bond and then use them to kill ogre lords, tsuki wolves, and sphynx to gain honor. Then when I have the talisman and decent jewels and have bought up some 110 or 115 power scrolls for taming and lore (preferably 115s), I go tame a GD using honor. I tame the best one I can find in Destard and manage to get isolated, even if it's not all that great. Once it's bonded, I can always go back later and do some serious farming and get more honor gains to try to tame a better GD or two. My tamers are almost always human, so I rarely ever tame cu sidhe. That's why they're not listed as something I tame for gains. If I spot an abandoned one and it looks decent, I have gone and converted to elf for the purpose of taming it, but then I usually switch back to human again. Can't stand the way elves can't carry much and I generally never have enough gold to buy the +20 or +25 stat scrolls.
If you are going to use a relatively untrained dexxer to make some gold, some of my favorite things to hunt to make some decent gold while training warrior skills are solen infiltrators (as part of the quest to get powder for charging sending bags and pet summoning balls); crystal elementals in Malas; tsuki wolves in Tokuno; demons and imps in the hedge maze; cyclops, titans, and ettins in Ilshenar or cyclops and titans in T2A; poison elementals in Shame; liches in Deceit; lesser hiryus and ninjas in Tokuno.

Something else you might consider is working up fishing and sell the white pearls if you don't plan to make your own artificer.

U

uoBuoY

First off...
Change your password and email address.
Sounds like you were hacked and the hacker didn't change the account info. They may loot the account again.

S

Slatko

Hi

@Shelleybean - Thanks for the links, and yes I am sure it is safe to use.

@Llewen - First, thank you for taking the time to write that miniguide.

I am going to go against your advice, and not invest in any expansion
before I am sure I really want to come back. I will know within a month or so.

A lumber/dexxer that is a swordsman if I remember correctly, I have a
naked swordsman, just not with lumber, as that was not working well
when I left.

I am not sure about the EC, I have found out my UOA still works, and as I
read it, that only work with the old client. I am going to give the EC a go,
maybe Ilike it this time around :)

Is it really that much better than the old client?

Thank you for the offer for help, I am on Europe thou.

@Tina Small - That guide looks like it will work for me, I have some doubts
about peacing, i have spend some time reading here in the forum, and a
lot of posts suggest Disco to be a better choice.

Any chance you could summ up the advantages with Peace vs Disco?

I like how you work towards the talisman, at the same time as you work
your skills.

So the only advantage being an elf is the CU Sidhe?

I read that the CU's can be nice companions in general, especially if you
are not up to Greater Dragons. I guess I could use the pads, if I wanted a
CU.

I do have a naked fisherman with some archery, but I was in doubt that
fishing was worth it anymore.

@uoBuoY - That was the first thing I did, and you are right, it could look
like I have been hacked.

Thanks to all who took the time to try to help me out.

I would like to use that 97 provo I have on a soulstone, but it is not a
must, maybe the char will have too many skills to be effective.

I was thinking about doing it this way, if noone can come up with a
template where the provo is used.

115 Taming (120 with talisman)
105 Lore (110 with talisman)
100 Vet
115 or 120 Music (is there a big difference?)
120 Disco or Peace
100 Magery
Rest in meditation

Lets say I pick human as race, would I still go for taming and magery as
startingskills if I go for Disco? I read that Disco could be a pita to raise.

Slatko

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am not sure about the EC, I have found out my UOA still works, and as I
read it, that only work with the old client. I am going to give the EC a go,
maybe Ilike it this time around :)

Is it really that much better than the old client?
It is that much better in my opinion. No, UOA doesn't work with the EC but it does just about everything you can do with UOA anyway, and a few important things that you can't do with UOA (such as the ability to create as many complex macros as your heart desires). There are quite a few threads that list the benefits of the enhanced client, I'd suggest you look some of them up and do some reading.

F

Flumse

Hi

I am patching the EC client as I write this.

Just wondering, can any or both of the clients be played from an USB stick,
that is without installing it?

I was thinking of playing from work on slow days, I can execute programs from a stick, but I do not have priviledges to install anything.

Also if this is possible, can you patch the clients on the stick, just so i know
if I can do that too from work, and just copy over when I come home.

Slatko

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just wondering, can any or both of the clients be played from an USB stick,
that is without installing it?
I honestly have no idea, I guess it depends on how dependent they are on registry entries. All you can do is try. Let us know if it works. :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, when I run UO on Linux I can just take a copy of the folder UO's installed in, drop it where I want it and then run UO from the folder. So running from USB should work *in theory*

Patching might require that you run as administrator, but I'm not sure. It's been about 2 years since I ran UO on windows so the memory's faded :D You should be ok to run the client if you patch at home and copy to your USB version.

There are also the user files stored in your My Documents folder which will contain all your macros and character settings. You'd need to copy that folder onto your USB drive and then drop it into your My Documents folder at work. Otherwise UO will create a folder for you with default settings.

We've got a technical forum on Stratics too - if you hop over here they might be able to give you more assistance.

Wenchy

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina Small - That guide looks like it will work for me, I have some doubts
about peacing, i have spend some time reading here in the forum, and a
lot of posts suggest Disco to be a better choice.

Any chance you could summ up the advantages with Peace vs Disco?

I like how you work towards the talisman, at the same time as you work
your skills.

So the only advantage being an elf is the CU Sidhe?

I read that the CU's can be nice companions in general, especially if you
are not up to Greater Dragons. I guess I could use the pads, if I wanted a
CU.

I do have a naked fisherman with some archery, but I was in doubt that
fishing was worth it anymore.
I'm probably not the best person to give you a comparison of the pros and cons of peacemaking and discordance. I've got peacemaking on a lot of my tamer characters because I like to explore and also to make marked runebooks and peacemaking facilitates doing those things. I generally don't peace stuff my pets are going to kill unless they're REALLY having a problem with it, because most of my pets are still in training and I like them to work hard every time I take them out. LOL

I find peacemaking comes in handy when hunting in a group in a particularly nasty area if someone needs a quick save. Otherwise, I don't usually use it while hunting in a group because it throws folks out of war mode and peaces their pets.

I usually go with the following for "real" skills 120 peacemaking, 115 or 120 music (120 music scrolls are insanely expensive), 120 or 115 taming, 110 lore, 105 or 110 vet (depends on lag and if i'm short on stable slots), 100 magery, and the rest in meditation.

I have one disco tamer I'm still working on, very slowly. However, other folks I play with have finished disco tamers so we really haven't urgently needed someone else in our group to finish yet another disco tamer. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what we can do as a group when we have disco and peacemaking tamers out together. I guess someone will have to do a provo tamer just to see what happens if take out all three types of bards.

:)

You might want to take a look at the racial abilities book on your characters' paperdolls to weigh the attributes of the different races. Elves also have permanent nightsight, which is nice but sometimes is actually a disadvantage if you want to see lighting effects. I just haven't found the elven racial abilities to be advantageous on tamer characters.

Lastly, fishing is supposed to get some love this summer, so dust that character off! (T-hunting is supposed to get some love too.) I'm sure you'd have no problems whatsoever selling white pearls from fishing, even if you just use the chat channel to spam that you're selling some.

U

uoBuoY

I honestly have no idea, I guess it depends on how dependent they are on registry entries. All you can do is try. Let us know if it works. :)
I think if there are any UO registry entries, they are created when running UO or trivial. I say this because a while ago I was unable to install UO on a new comp. After 2 weeks working with support, the support tech mailed a copy of his UO folder to me. His instructions: "Just copy it to your Program Files folder. Worked fine.

Now after every major update I copy my UO folder to DVD in case I need to reinstall.

M

maroite

If you want to make money, I would say do disco over peace.

Disco can be a real pain in the rear to raise, if I was starting a new disco tamer I would do disco/taming at 50.

Getting a 100% LRC suit can be pretty cheap, and some people may just give you a suit if they're nice which makes getting magery to 100 really easy. Music is also fairly easy to get to 100, but after 100 can be a little annoying.

Animal Lore will raise with vet and taming, so its not too bad.

I have never really saw the point of peace on a tamer. I usually run my myst tamer with my disco tamer at the same time, and when I get lots of adds, mass sleep does the same job as area peace as far as I can tell.

My disco tamer will be:

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Disco
120 Music
100 Magery

Possibly stoning off Vet for 120 Spellweaving. Note that she doesn't have med because like I say I usually only play her with my Myst Tamer who is 120 focus, and can spam GH for a very long time. Myst Tamer is also 120 Vet so he is the main "healer".

With decent MR I haven't had much problem with mana on my disco tamer while soloing though.

S

Slatko

Hey again

I went with the template I wrote earlier, I can always set med to down if I get a decent suit at some point. I picked human as race as they have that JoaT thing, so if med is set to lower, I will still have 20 in that and focus.

I started out with 50 in taming and disco and instantly bought magery at the trainers.

I started doing a little taming, lucky me I found 10 taming ring in New Haven, so I got myself a gate to hell of ice, following Tina's guide, and did 15 points of taming, taking the ring of after 10 points as there are a gazillion polar bears over the other mobs. Also got some music and a few gains in disco.

I had a streak of luck, some kind person whos name I sadly forgot to write down, gave me a runebook with 18 charges, New Haven, Moonglow, a moongate and delucia runes in it. I dont think I will have to leave hell of ice for some time, and when I do, I have the rune for Delucia for the bulls, and the moongate for whatever.

@Tina Small - Any advice on what to tame instead of Uni's? I picked a male char, so Uni's are not an option.

Regarding dusting of the fisher, well he i naked, and cannot defend himself, should he fish up something nasty, so I will work the tamer with dedication, so I can get some hunting done and gear him up again.

I also have a buttnaked thief, but I am doubting that they have much use these days, except for picking stuff up fromt he ground in Doom, feel free to correct me should I be wrong. Besides I do not have the entryskull or regs for his necro, so I would most likely be toast down there anyway.

I might rebuild him into something else, just dont know what yet.

Now I read something about keeping total skillpoints under 350 for best gains, is there something about it? Then I have to lock my skills pretty soon to keep the taming going.

I will install the EC later today and give that a go, might be better for me too :)

@Marorite - what are the advantages of weaving for a tamer?

Again thank you to all you good people who have had patience and taken the time to help me out, I really appriciate it.

Oh well time to spend a little time with my old mother, she is serving a Whitsun (hope this is the right word for this time of year?) lunch for me and my sister.

Slatko

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's still a work in progress, but the FAQ thread has a little guide I wrote about working with the gains system which links to a more detailed guide here on Stratics. There might be a few other links you'll find useful there, but I'm not sure if you've seen it or not.

Wenchy

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think if there are any UO registry entries, they are created when running UO or trivial. I say this because a while ago I was unable to install UO on a new comp. After 2 weeks working with support, the support tech mailed a copy of his UO folder to me. His instructions: "Just copy it to your Program Files folder. Worked fine.

Now after every major update I copy my UO folder to DVD in case I need to reinstall.
Sorry, but that has to be one of the funniest support stories I've ever heard. Maybe it's just that I'm sick, but the thought of a customer representative mailing the contents of their game folder to someone having tech problems tickles my funny bone. :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina Small - Any advice on what to tame instead of Uni's? I picked a male char, so Uni's are not an option.
Ki-rins are the typical male alternative to unicorns. You can find them at two locations in upper Malas (same Grimswind areas as the unicorns and pixies). If you notice them in Ilshenar at the champ spawn by the Spirituality gate, you'll find that you can't tame them because they are part of the champ spawn. (I believe they can be herded though, in case you ever decide to take up herding.) Also check the sources Wenchkin mentioned for other taming ideas. It sounds like you're close to being able to get some gains from taming gamans. When you're ready to tame bulls, don't forget there is also a bull spawn north of Trinsic. Just keep that jewelry handy and put it on or take it off as necessary, depending on what you're in the mood to tame. I find it really does help me stick with the taming for longer periods of time if I know I can change up the jewelry and go tame something else to break the tedium.

Now I read something about keeping total skillpoints under 350 for best gains, is there something about it? Then I have to lock my skills pretty soon to keep the taming going.
The template I generally use for a peace tamer doesn't include evaluate intelligence or focus and includes very little meditation skill. However, with the last couple of tamers I've started, I've taken to just letting focus and meditation max out at 100 and also letting evaluate intelligence rise without limitation for a good long while (about 75 to 80). I found that I got strength and intelligence stat gains a lot faster by doing this AND those two skills made raising magery by doing something like just going out and killing low-end mobs with magery to get some gold and raise the skill a whole lot easier and faster. Eventually I end up turning down focus and letting it run out completely and then turn down evaluate intelligence. Once eval is all run out, then I turn down meditation.

I gave up a long long time ago worrying about the overall skill cap on my tamers-in-training. I found it is a lot more enjoyable for me to actually PLAY with a character with max strength and intelligence and a usable set of skills while I finish working on its taming and bard skills. (Note: Vet and lore usually raise very quickly, especially if you go hunting with your character and have your pet kill stuff that is challenging for it so you have to do a lot of vetting.) Maybe in the long run it takes me longer to finish training up those skills, but in the meantime I've had a lot of fun actually being able to have a fairly self-sufficient character that I can take to many challenging locations and make some gold and collect some usable loot. I don't think I would be as interested in trying to use a character with only 340-450 total skill points invested in mostly the "tamer" skills to regularly do a lot of hunting, but that's just me. If you have other characters on the shard that you can use for raising gold, you might be okay with keeping the skill points low on your tamer until you've almost completed training up taming.

S

Slatko

Hi

@Wenchkin - I did read the FAQ, that is where I got the info from, but as it is a work in progress, still under construction, I had to check if the info was correct :)

@Tina Small - Now I read some of your posts, you have a gazillion tamers, so naturally you have have to find a way to make it more enjoyable after the 4th or 5th.

What I am interested in is getting my chars up and running, but I cannot deny that I too like to enjoy myself, so I will follow your example and just let it ride.

After all I only have so much time to play, and it should not feel like a chore to do so.

I was a wannabe powergamer back int he days when I left, I have learned my lesson since, and entertainment value have the highest priority now. I do not need to be leet to feel good, I am too old for that kind of gaming.

That is another reason that I wanted to come back, the maturity of the playerbase in general in UO are a lot higher than in say WoW, where the kids roam (no offence regarding age meant, just immaturity in actions, that can come from a 30 year old as well).

Slatko

U

uoBuoY

...I just haven't found the elven racial abilities to be advantageous on tamer characters...
Unless you want to tame a Cu.

I have 2 bard tamers, on different accounts. Both have 120 music, provo, peace and disco available on SSs. These are only my opinions and not presented as fact...

Peace is strictly a defensive tool. Peace a tameable and tame it. Use peace to keep your pet from getting overwhelmed.

Provo usually isn't too helpful for the single tamer because you need 2 to provo!. The stuff I typically fight is difficult to provo and I don't want one of them aggroed on me because I failed the last provo. On a group hunt provo is very useful.

Disco is an incredible compliment to taming. A discoed tameable will hit the tamer for far less damage while taming. A discoed pet will train up faster/easier. Your pet can kill stronger discoed monsters. Your pet can kill weaker discoed monsters much faster. At 120 disco you will lower a target's stats and skills by up to 28%.

One thing to keep in mind...bard skills and the RNG have a weird way of screwing with you. For example: I've discoed a Swoop in 1 try and at other times I needed 13 tries!

...Now I read something about keeping total skillpoints under 350 for best gains, is there something about it? Then I have to lock my skills pretty soon to keep the taming going...
This has been proven to affect the GGS rate only. See this linl. This is where SSs become important to keep your total skills as low as possible. At some point you will probably stop seriously training taming/disco/provo because of the sheer tedium and you'll rely on 1-3 daily GGS gains. Personally I "feel" that skill gain is slightly better with low total skill but I don't think it's ever been tested.

It's a very hard to train template and also a very fun to play template.

J

[JD]

What server are you on? Tina is right, Lowland boura are the most powerful pet you can start out with - at least until you have more options (Bake Kitsune). I am sure one of the tamers here with SA would be more than glad to spend 5 minutes and go to SA to get you 2 lowland boura.

Next, the advice to change your email, pw and any logon info was solid.

Lastly if you want a legitimate way to make 100k, 200k, 300k with 10 minutes work let me know in a PM and I will share my secret.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What server are you on? Tina is right, Lowland boura are the most powerful pet you can start out with - at least until you have more options (Bake Kitsune). I am sure one of the tamers here with SA would be more than glad to spend 5 minutes and go to SA to get you 2 lowland boura.
Actually, it's a bit of a thrill to go do that chore yourself with a fresh-out-of-the-box tamer still wearing the clothing they were born in! As you run from the Ter Mur moongate to where the lowland boura spawn, you pass a couple of wild horses and ridable llamas, too! And once you have tamed one of the lowland bouras, you can use it to clean up any of the nasty spawn (greater mongbats, silver serpents, a slith or two, and maybe some low-level void creatures). Just be sure you bring a few bandages. It's a great exercise for starting a new tamer on a shard that's new to you! Only takes a few minutes and if you stuff your new pets with a bit of food and throw them in the stable, just think in a week you have a new UO project to work on!

:)