• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help! My Backpack Won't Open

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure what exactly happened, but my backpack won't open! Instead of it opening, this is what I get:
hlpp.jpg .
When I click on my backpack, I can hear it close, and the above graphic disappears, but when I click to open it, that graphic comes back and there is still no backpack? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am using enhanced client. I just tried classic client and the backpack is normal and opens. But when I log back on to enhanced client, it is still like the above

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try ctrl + r ... if that doesn't work it's likely the backpack is off-screen somewhere and you may need to reset stuff I forget what key that it but it puts everything up into the upper left corner of the screen I had to do that once with one of my characters as the backpack somehow got offscreen. There is a macro or something to reset the position of things but I don't remember what it's called.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I tried control +R, didn't work. Not sure how to disable organizers agents? I hope I won't have to re-install the game.

Last edited:

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just tried that. Didn't work. :( I did just notice that it only happens on the one character. All the others are fine.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what type of bags are you using, Legacy or EC. do you have Grids enabled?

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if this would matter, but everything is fine on classic client. And all other chars on enhanced are fine. Just this one is messed up. I was trying to move my paper doll when it happened.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just tried switching the grid legacy containers off and that little graphic now is gone, and the sound of opening and closing the backpack is there, but, still no backpack.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not sure what vanilla ec or pincos is. Im just using the ec that came with the game.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do you have any special macros on this character that you don't have on another? cause it sounds like some type of glitch. so i would tak a character file from a character that has same/similar macros and just drop it in this ones folder and rename it to this character. but before i did that i would hit the "reset UI locks, hit the key to open your backpack and hit "reset ui locks" again because it won't move the pack if it isn't open

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
OMG It worked! Thank You So much! I tried that reset ui locs before, but I guess my backpack wasn't open then. THank You so much for all your help everyone! I'm so glad I didn't have to do a "uninstall re-install" thing.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One issue regarding the copy-paste-renaming of profile files in the EC is to check if you had set maximum skill caps in the profile you copied from.

E.g. if you set necro to 99 maximum skill cap in your sampire profile and use this file for your caster with 120 necro, it will set the arrow for necro DOWN in the skill tab of your caster. If you then gain in another skill or use a soulstone while you are at the 720 points total skill cap, your 120 necro can decline.

Always check the skill tab after copy-pasting profile files!

Last edited: