• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help! Melting Snowmen

• Thread starter imported_debslee
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_debslee

I still consider myself fairly new to TSO, and I have not encountered melting snowmen before......and having a store, this does not help retail sales at all!
Can someone educate me please about the life span of a Snowman, and why some of them, when they are melted to half way, I cant pick up or clean up, which frustrates my sim no end, as well as "Jennifer the NPC Maid". Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these sorrowful looking half melted "Frost Family"!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Were they priced? Seems like items priced, they shouldn't decay. If they were, then I would think that's a bug you'd want to report? Any store owners around from last year?

I'm not a snowman expert, but it seems they last a few days and then I have to replenish them. Generally they leave a big flood of water that you have to mop up.

G

snowmen and other christmas items were not enabled in any city except TC3 from what i read somewhere? Therefore they will melt.

Dutch when u place the snowman out it melts immediatly u dont have time to price it.

M

Monkeybear

Snowmen only melt after a few sim days in TC3, you can still price them but if it's in a normal city sadly they melt right away

I

imported_DutchAmerica

(OMG!! I have been hanging out in TC3 too much recently.)

So now, if she is in the production cities, she does have a problem if she was able to quickly set out and price a snowman in one of the production cities. Once it melts, it would be impossible to pick up and 'unprice'.

She either has to wait and hope EA turns the Xmas stuff on in the production cities or she will need to change her category to something else, clean up the mess and then wait 7 days to go back to Store.

Just my guess.

(That's why this stuff should not be in the catelog until it's actually able to be used. Xmas stuff has been permanently available for over 2 years.)

G

Any idea if they are even going to bring snow and the christmas items active in the regular cities? Seems that if they started it in TC3, they should start it in all cities being as christmas is right around the corner.

G

<font color="red"> That's not very fair.
I mean, the merge isn't going to be until sometime around January, right?
And we can't even get a snowman?
Honestly, I don't like TC3 at all.
I just want the old TSO back.
But fix the economy.
That's it.
Hahaha.
Sorry if any of that sounded rude,it wasn't meant to.
</font>

G

It isn't rude, and I do understand your frustration with changes, but the 'old TSO' is never coming back.

If you want to play this game beyond the merge, then you should try to find a way to enjoy TC3, because that is what the game is becoming.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Just think of it....you are the first store on the block selling Christmas Puddles!!!

I know it stinks but actually you could probably turn it into something fun.

G

I do enjoy it,
and I think I will enjoy it more when everyone is there.
I'll just have to get used to it

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Snowmen have always melted 7 days after purchase whether priced in a store or not. This is the first year people have had the opportunity to buy them so far before Christmas that I'm sure many were unaware of this fact. Snowmen have been banned from my house this year because last year all the melting froze my lot and I was unable to go home.

BEWARE OF SNOWMEN! THEY ARE EVIL CREATURES!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Especially yellow snowmen.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the lemon flavored ones that don't really taste like lemon?

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

In fact, TC3 is going to be the most "TSO-esque" version we'll have from this point on. EA-Land isn't going to be strictly TSO, and I think "TSO" will become a murkier and washed out definition two years from now. Really, we should all be enjoying what's left of the last few months of plain 'ol TSO.

I

imported_debslee

Thanks for the replies guys, I am in TC3 and the items are priced. Problem is that there is water UNDER the half melted snowman. I cannot unprice them, move them, delete them when they are half melted..... I see Gracie has had problems with these in the past - so is this a bug I am experiencing? Has anyone else in TC3 had this problem?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the case of sims, shouldn't that be 'blue' snowmen that taste like cool blue cool-aid?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the case of sims, shouldn't that be 'blue' snowmen that taste like cool blue cool-aid?

[/ QUOTE ]
You've tried the blue snowmen?

...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...