• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Help me with pieceing together armor, I'm going mental.

T

taglol

Okay, so I need 34/47/48/50/24 resists, 40 LRC and 23 LMC on three armor parts, and I just can't get something together that works.
I really could use some help to see if it's possible at all. And then it's MR which I hoped to have some on those pieces as well, but just doesn't seem possible.

How would you do it? Please help!

D

Diggity

seems possible to me. The total of your goal resists are 203. Assuming you can imbue exceptional + gm armslore leather, your 3 pieces will have 35 resists each. So you need to imbue/add at least 98 resists (203 - 3*35) to reach your goal. This will take at least 7 imbues to do.

I would try to get a combo of resists that have 34-xx-yy-zz-24 resists across the 3 different armor pieces. Requires time/luck - but it will only cost you regular leather. At most, you may have to do 3 imbues for fire/cold/resist on all 3 pieces, but that will get you to the resists you want. So max 9 imbues needed for resists, but likely you will be able to get by with only 7.

So you will have 6 to 8 imbues available for props other than resists. If you get the 100% intensity ingredients, you only need 2 imbues for LRC and 3 for LMC you want. In the best case, you can add MR2 to all 3 pieces.

Good luck.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First of all, what are the confirmed parts of your suit?

T

taglol

It's sleeves, gloves and gorget. Thanks a lot for your help, I managed to find an imbuer in-game too who confirmed this. Saved me loads of headaches!

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've already done too much math today so won't do more to verify, but seems like it would be really easy if you didn't mind risking enhancing with barbed afterwards for the extra boost in resists.

B

Beastmaster

I've already done too much math today so won't do more to verify, but seems like it would be really easy if you didn't mind risking enhancing with barbed afterwards for the extra boost in resists.
I wouldn't take this route. If you wish to use enhanced materials wait until AFTER your server gets publish 63 and craft the stuff with whatever leather you wish BEFORE you imbue it.

P

pgcd

I wouldn't take this route. If you wish to use enhanced materials wait until AFTER your server gets publish 63 and craft the stuff with whatever leather you wish BEFORE you imbue it.
The problem is that the enhancement bonus to resists is lost, when you imbue over them, so you can use enhanced stuff only for the _other_ resists, and the maximum value remains base resists + 15.
If you need really high resists, like 22 or so, you need to imbue -> enhance, there's no way around it.
Still, it doesn't need cost too much, if you don't need to use relics, because you can add half a pof or something like that, and just imbue another when the first breaks down.