• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help me understand

Kedstone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi! I need help with interpretation of Masteries upkeep cost.

It's said that "All abilities require upkeep dependent on how many are being affected by the ability. (Cost increases by 1 per 5 affected. including mounts)" or "Upkeeping a song requires mana dependent on how many are being affected by the ability: Every 5 mobiles (characters, pets and mounted pets) raise upkeep costs by 1 Mana every 2 seconds."

I understand that if there are 4 beings under effect of my song, then upkeep cost will be the same as if I play song alone.
And for example Resilience will cost 4 mana (basic) if there are bard and 2 party members, and 5 mana if there are 6, 7 or 8 people. Am I correct?

Will be gratefull for explanations,
cheers:)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yessir you are correct.
Bard doesnt count himself.
So the count starts at Bards Mount/Pets -> Party Members -> Party Mounts/Pets

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yessir you are correct.
Bard doesnt count himself.
So the count starts at Bards Mount/Pets -> Party Members -> Party Mounts/Pets
Silly follow-up question then, since the system counts the player's mounts (bard's & party's), does it discriminate between Ethereal Mounts and Actual Pets? Is the mount counted while the PC is mounted, or does the system begin to start counting it once the PC dismounts?

Stayin Alive,

BG

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the topic, I have a related question, since some Masteries affect enemies, if the spawn has many spawners does that mean that the mana upkeep might skyrocket up the roof ?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the topic, I have a related question, since some Masteries affect enemies, if the spawn has many spawners does that mean that the mana upkeep might skyrocket up the roof ?
I am guessing "spawners" are player characters (PCs).

The Discord Mastery spells are the only ones which can target enemy monsters. They are single target spells (not area effect), so their upkeep is constant.

Regarding the Provocation and Peacemaking Mastery spells, they effect members of the bard's party (including the bard). If party members move out of range, they are no longer counted, so the upkeep cost will go down. Once they move back into range, they will be counted, so the upkeep cost will increase accordingly. If other PCs are nearby, not members of the party, they receive no benefit from the mastery, thus have no impact on the upkeep cost. Monsters are not effected by these masteries, so they also have no impact on the upkeep cost.

Synopsis:
  • Discord - The upkeep cost is constant for your target.
  • Peace - The upkeep cost is directly related to the size of your bard's party within range.
  • Provoke - The upkeep cost is directly related to the size of your bard's party within range.
You can find the details of the Bard Mastery spells here: http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/musicianship/bard-mastery

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silly follow-up question then, since the system counts the player's mounts (bard's & party's), does it discriminate between Ethereal Mounts and Actual Pets? Is the mount counted while the PC is mounted, or does the system begin to start counting it once the PC dismounts?

Stayin Alive,

BG
Applies to pests whether mounted or not-mounted. (Ethereal's or actual mounts. )