• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help me understand this...

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I own my house and yet when I try to "light" my Lamp Posts it tells me that "I'm not allowed to access this." Why not?

See pic:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What exactly are you hoping to access by clicking on them? I have the same lamp posts and to my knowledge you can't turn them off and on if that's what you're trying to do. I believe the other style of round lamp posts you get with the 11th year heritage package can be turned off an on.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Extremely outdated erroneous error?

For one... those lamp posts don’t even light. They can't have a security option. Plus, if you double click on most décor items without any kind of options... it gives you the same error. Try to double click on a chair. You can't use it, yet you can sit in it. :)

This could go back to AoS... I’m not sure when it started, but I agree, it's totally silly.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What exactly are you hoping to access by clicking on them? I have the same lamp posts and to my knowledge you can't turn them off and on if that's what you're trying to do. I believe the other style of round lamp posts you get with the 11th year heritage package can be turned off an on.
I was trying to turn them on, because I thought that you could do that (for some reason).... Didn't realize that it wasn't an option for the Doom posts...

Do they come on at night by themselves? (Guess I'll find out...)

Anyway, thx for setting me straight...

:thumbsup:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Extremely outdated erroneous error?

For one... those lamp posts don’t even light. They can't have a security option. Plus, if you double click on most décor items without any kind of options... it gives you the same error. Try to double click on a chair. You can't use it, yet you can sit in it. :)

This could go back to AoS... I’m not sure when it started, but I agree, it's totally silly.
Yes, it was the "nature" of the message that confused me, and my mind went something like - hmmm, does this mean that I wasn't the one who "stole" the Lamp Post?... I was trying to figure out why it would tell the owner of the house and the owner of the lamp posts that "I'm not allowed..." which itself "suggested" that "someone" WAS allowed... I guess it was just the wording that confused me.

Thx for your input and for putting me on the right track with the "Extremely outdated erroneous error" comment...

Hoping they light when it gets dark again, otherwise what good are they?

:danceb:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh... what was it called? We got several items as tokens, could buy the whole set for a slightly better deal. One was the full book case, a winter tree, fallen log, BOD book covers...

One was a Round Lamp Post.

THAT one you can turn on and off! :)

11th Year Collection... you could just buy 1 of what you wanted.

They used to be on the old game code store... now, no clue what happened to that sight, but it was just a few pennies really. You can sometimes find them on vendors. I replaced all the stolen ones like you showed with the functional ones. I like having light in my house despite all my guys being covered for night-sight. hehe

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

11th Year Collection... you could just buy 1 of what you wanted.

They used to be on the old game code store... now, no clue what happened to that sight,
You can still buy the whole 11th year Collection which includes one of the lamp posts. They got rid of the old UO Game Code store and now you can only get it on the Origin store. Sadly you cannot currently buy just one of the items for $4.99 or whatever it was, like you used to. Now you have to buy the whole set, though the prices on the Origin store are pretty good. They are slowly adding back all the stuff you used to be able to buy on the old site, so maybe one day we'll be able to buy the items one by one. Hope they add the items back one day, as I want to get a few more of the full book cases.

Here's the link:

http://store.origin.com/DRHM/store?...ge&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&productID=244034600

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have several Doom lamp posts and I'm pretty sure you used to be able to turn them on.

I'll have to find one and check.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that's weird.

I could swear those used to go off when you put them in your pack and when you placed them you had to turn them back on.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when they were new... as with most things, I got one for the mall to show them off. Before we had elves and night-sight on everyone. They never lit.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is definitely lit. Though, there is no way apparently to turn it on/off. I thought there used to be.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is definitely lit. Though, there is no way apparently to turn it on/off. I thought there used to be.

Yes, EZ, I too would have sworn that I used to be able to turn them on/off - but will certainly admit that I may be "remembering" wrongly....

:gee:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I turned mine into gaslights so that I can turn them off and on :)

well, sorta ;)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same effect can be made by placing another item under it.

Like... a lantren... or a candle.

Even the memorial stone in my town has a lantren locked under it so it glows in the woods.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know I just noticed too while figuring this out, that the EC doesn't have the option for Dark Nights that's in the classic client.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I'd post to this thread just to say hi...
:p

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you pull the lamp into your backpack can you turn it on? I've noticed that's the case for several items. You can only turn them on if they aren't locked down.

And Hi Startle :)