• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help me out with this outdated template

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi there,

I have this pure necro/mage I haven't touch for many years. and I believe it is outdated.

Anat 60
Eval int 120
Magery 115
Med 115
Necro 120
Resist spells 100
Spirit Speak 120

It wears blood wood spirit and a ring with +15 necro to reach 120 necro. It wears swords of properity with the 60 anat to avoid spell interruption.

I used this templated for champs in the past, and it would be able to defend itself in a raid scenario. I wanna keep using it for champs and PvM. What do you recommend? I've been thinking dropping the Anat 60 and capping all skills at 120.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes, drop anatomy because it has no effect on your defense chance with the swords of prosperity bein a mage weapon -0 so with your 115 magery you'll have the equivalent of 115 weapon skill defense. You should try to get magery to 120 for that reason too.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
yes, drop anatomy because it has no effect on your defense chance with the swords of prosperity bein a mage weapon -0 so with your 115 magery you'll have the equivalent of 115 weapon skill defense. You should try to get magery to 120 for that reason too.
Thanks for the reply. so drop anat and cap all other skills to 120? pure necro mage kind of deal?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sure why not unless you can find good use for those skill points elsewhere

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rarely disagree with Max. If you get disarmed at a champ spawn your dead. With the 120 eval and 60 anatomy you atleast have a decent chance of avoiding getting hit. Not to mention you can also carry a slayer spellbook to increase your damage vs spawn.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't believe the defense that 60 anatomy along with 120 eval int offers would make a big difference there though...
(Evaluating intelligence + Anatomy + 20) / 2
It equals GM Wrestling for the purpose of dodging.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know that but I doubt it will help him much unless it equals 120 wrestling with 45 dci. In his example he will only have the equivalent of gm wrestling which you can get away with in PvM but surely not in PvP.

Basically you'll have to decide whether you can use those points to increase your damage output and thus decrease the time needed to finish your spawn, which in turn will also decrease the risk of being raided, or whether you believe that in case of a raid you want these points as extra defense.

Instead of going a middle way I would either invest all those points into PvM damage output, or see if I can carve out an additional 40 points to get anatomy to gm. This would allow you to forego the mage weapon entirely and still have 120 skill defense. Necro for example doesn't necessarily have to be at 100 or more.

Just a thought.