• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help me choose which kitsune to use

T

Toodles

Hey there.

So I'm on the hunt for a great beetle/kitsune combo. Beetle wise I'm sorted for now, mainly the damage dealer so the resists aren't great but he's packing a whopping 443 int with 123 poisoning and 112 eval.

I now have two kitsune's tamed, one ranking a 3.8 and the other a 3.4. However, I still have doubts about which to use, since the latter has some pretty sexy looking resists. Which one should I go with?

http://i39.***********/swba6e.jpg

M

Malkes

The only resist that the second one has higher than the first is cold, and that's one of the least useful resists. I'd say that Alpha is the keeper of the two, based on HP and resists.

K

Kazumi the Wild

The only resist that the second one has higher than the first is cold, and that's one of the least useful resists. I'd say that Alpha is the keeper of the two, based on HP and resists.
Agreed.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first one is better than the second if you have to choose.

Which shard are you on? I pull 4+ kitsune out of the Woods all the time. I have this little fox obsession for finding a 5.

T

Toodles

The first one is better than the second if you have to choose.

Which shard are you on? I pull 4+ kitsune out of the Woods all the time. I have this little fox obsession for finding a 5.
Europa. Only started actively searching around two days ago. Best I found so far is the 3.8. I'm finding a lot of 3.3-3.6 however, what I do is clear out the patch of land east of kitsune-woods, through the cave, where two of them spawn. After luring the other spawn away I just keep killing/loring the two until I find a decent one.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just farming them is the quickest way to find a good one.

I'm on Chessy, so I'm no help for you to get better.

T

Turdnugget

Keep hunting for one... I use my mare to help kill the bakes. I'm also an archer so I can mow through them pretty quick.

For the longest time I had a 3.8... it was great... got rid of my bake(s) then decided I wanted to use one or two again... so I went farming. After a couple hours (total) hunting at different times I came into a 4.2 bake. Then the following morning I found a 4.1 bake.

It just takes time. But luckily they're easy to kill (untrained) and spawn a bunch so you don't have to sit around waiting for another to spawn.

But ya, the first one is better. If it's gonna do any kind of tanking you'll want it with high HP.

Mine have 340 and 345 hps.

U

uoBuoY

Keep hunting for one... I use my mare to help kill the bakes. I'm also an archer so I can mow through them pretty quick.

For the longest time I had a 3.8... it was great... got rid of my bake(s) then decided I wanted to use one or two again... so I went farming. After a couple hours (total) hunting at different times I came into a 4.2 bake. Then the following morning I found a 4.1 bake.

It just takes time. But luckily they're easy to kill (untrained) and spawn a bunch so you don't have to sit around waiting for another to spawn.

But ya, the first one is better. If it's gonna do any kind of tanking you'll want it with high HP.

Mine have 340 and 345 hps.
Man! Are you lucky!
Took me about 20-30 hours to find 2 Kits over 4.0.

T

Turdnugget

Ya... I got lucky =) back to back decent bakes.

I usually get on in the morning before work and go hunt for bakes. I've hunted about maybe 10 hours total, if that overall for all the bakes i've had. 4total now.

T

Toodles

I too now found a 4.1 kitsune last evening, pretty happy with it. 336 HP with resists as followed:

Just a shame about the cold resist, but oh well.