• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help in training and setting up a PvP mage.

R

rolan69vw

I Have been thinking of building a scribe/chiv mage for PvP. my question is if its a good idea to fit in chivalry and how high should i go. I would like to add chiv for fast heals, remove curse, and cleans by fire. so basicly for better defence. I have doubts as to weather 4/6 cap for chiv works for mages or not. I read in some other thread that after 70 magery the chive cap is lowered to 2/6. anyone has some info on this?
I would also like to know whats the best way to train wresling. any help will be apreciated. Peace.

I

imported_GFY

I don't think you'll need to worry about faster healing. (IMHO anyway) I play my mage I play with protection on, so I'm casting at 0 fc. I really don't have too much trouble healing.

As long as you have 2/6 you should be fine.

I

imported_xStrikerx

I have also heard that casting drops to 2/6 after 65 actual magery. So you cant use +magery items to get to 100 and have 4/6 casting. I have not tested this myself however.

The best place to train wrestling is in the Jhelom pit against fighters. Find one not holding a weapon, turn on war mode, and attack. Sometimes I find one that has no weapon in paper doll but will still do damage like he has one, just invis and find another. For some reason, 7 gp fighters seem to give better gains from 70-90 than 8 gp ones but go with 8 gp from 60-70.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the pits is the way to go and then when you hit 90 just summon a demon and start wack it. Will take you to 120 "fast" enough.

PS. dont forget to say All guard me after you hit the demon.

R

rolan69vw

I also use protection when PvM, but for PvPing protection is a weakness... any mage who figures out ur using protection will own u in seconds. Explotion, poison, Explotion, poison, Explotion Flmae Straike.... U dead.

R

rolan69vw

will try it, im trying to go from 109 to 115 at the moment. thanks

I

imported_GFY

Naaa... chug cure pot, chug heal pot... chug cure, g.heal... chug cure pot g.heal... By then he's outa mana and I kill him!

Or I hit him with mind blast, mind blast, mind blast and inturrupt the blazes out of him!

I

imported_mr.blackmage

Curse, explode, poison (start casting gheal, chug cure), harm, harm, poison hits right before the gheal is casted, (either cast gheal and drink a cure, or drink cure and a yellow.. don't have time for both), but my two other harms and my other poison just cancelled out your heal again. That's about 100 damage to your 15-35 points healed (depending on your heal potion... since you won't get off that gheal unless I mess up my timing), and meanwhile you've done maybe 30 damage to me that I can heal with mini heals in-between my combos. Protection = dead against any mage that knows how to deal with it. I might just mana vamp you for fun if I don't feel like fighting against you, heh. And you will interrupt maybe 1 spell with chain mindblasts, and that's only if I get greedy and try to fit in 4 mini heals instead of 3. Otherwise, you won't interrupt a spell above level 4 that I timed in-between your mb's.

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you hit 70 in wrestling you can cast earth eles and spar them. At 90 switch to Daemons up to Legendary.

Don't forget to tell them to guard you!

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whoever u r and whatever shard ur on u must get owned constantly with that ****ty suit with no LRC made up of [censored] pieces.... now u say u play in pro? lol.... ur playing in pro mainly because u have no timing to get off spells in between ur opponents spells... and ur chugging good idea in pro... but if rely on that im gonna own ur face =) corpse skin. u eat apple. no problem corpse u again. curse u. eo para explosion fs eo pain spike... my guess is ur not corpse proof with what ur alredy said about ur suit.. i could be wrong. but even if im wrong... u'll still be low on health np right? u chug a pot... now uve chugged a heal pot. omfg eo para get outaa that without a box... oh and if u decide u'd like to use a box.... im just gunna chain para pain spike u.

Ohh u know what since u use pro someone could prolly just para EQ u to death lolz.....

Your tactics are ******** no one should listen to ur PvP advice. Please keep ur comments on PVM situations only. (even then ur silly for not using an LRC suit)

I

imported_GFY

Normally I ignore personal attacks but I decieded to respond just this once.

The information I provide is about MY playing style. Your welcome to disagree or post a style you prefer.

I've been playing UO off and on since Feb. of 1998. I've never claimed to be a L33T UO God. As I've stated many times I pvp and pvm and belong to a large guild. My playstyle has evolved by playing the game with my friends over a long period of time.

I don't rule pvp but I do collect more gold then I pay out in insurance. Which works for me.

As for my equipement... well I use what I use.

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as much as it may have been a personal attack it was a warning to other players not to listen to someone who is giving them ****ty advice.. as much as u have gotten it into your head that it works for there are far better ways of building a suit then putting some [censored] peices together.... and u must not make that much gold cuz like u said ur not rich and your suit blows...

Really all im saying is u shouldn't be giving advice when even though u have played since 98 you say.... You have not seemed to progress much in the area of pvp (you play in pro... no timing).. you still haven't figured out how to make any money.... wtf man since 98? lol.. To anyone who listens to this guy... plz stop. While he may seem nice and im sure he is... i'm an [censored] but my advice is 10x better than "go build a ****ty suit without LRC and adjust to your own playstyle"..... no no no... if ur actually serious about this make a crafter and a pvmer best one is either a tamer or a necro dexxer... make as much money as u can start using barbed kits and make leet armor sell at overpriced prices and save the godly peices for yourself.. use money u get from selling armor buy artifacts..... Then u join a champ spawn guild and spawn as much as u can for PvP and for scrolls and Skulls... Now your in a decent spawning guild and u've got a good suit... u continue to make more money and get better peices for your suit. Some key Ingredients (not all necessary but good to have in suit making)

HoM/BrightSight/Ancient Samurai Helm/ DCI Glasses
Pendant of the Magi/gorget with lrc mr and lmc resist mix
Totem - have both Alchy Talisman and Totem of Void
Gloves - Inquis/gloves with lrc mr lmc resist mix
Tunic - Heart of Lion/AoF/Tunic with lrc mr lmc resist mix
Arms - arms with lrc lmc mr resist mix
Legs - Legs with lrc lmc mr resist mix
apron - cincture
quiver - quiver of infinity
bracelet - Ornament (you need this)
ring - Crystalline/ a ring that puts u at 2/6 and has as many mods as possible hopefully Enhance Potions DCI LRC +Magery if u want to use a mage wep like i do...

Follow that and use the peices listed to set up a good mage suit shoot for something like

40 lmc
100 lrc
40+ dci
6+ mr

70/75/70/75/70

All other mods are just icing on the cake. With that suit dexxers won't hit u alot and for alot of damage.. and you will be corpse proof... if the suit can chug all the better....

BTW who r u on ATL i was with the most dominant guild on the east ON ATL very recently i'll see if i can dig up some pics of me killing u =(

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

My opinion

I prefer Mage heals and cures over chiv and that is do to personal taste. Seems to me 2/6 mage heals and 4/6 chiv heals casting time is pretty close, but magery heals more hp on the average. Chiv cures are faster, but if you have a melee skill you tend to lose target which can be a win or lose situation. Only reason for me to add chiv is for remove curse on a mage which is 60 skill points for me.

As for Wrestling I train with summon demons from 80-120

I

imported_AustinRules

As a mage with protection I am casting 0/6 but what about Chiv spells. I have 40 chiv, will protection effect the 2/6 I have on.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

As of now I really can't say. I like you have to test it. I know protection used not to effect chiv and necro spells casting speed in the past. As of late I been mainly running pure mage type templates and I very very seldom use protection.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

4/6 chiv heal is about 2x quicker than a magery heal (gheal). It also cannot be "overcasted", meaning that if you are being weaken spammed or harm spammed or something, you can hold down the key until it casts. Chiv cures are near instant. Impossible to interrupt on purpose, the only way is to anticipate and cast accordingly.

A

Arcvenger

<blockquote><hr>

Once you hit 70 in wrestling you can cast earth eles and spar them. At 90 switch to Daemons up to Legendary.

Don't forget to tell them to guard you!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been following this and its pretty slow. I am really new should I expect this to be the case with wrestling?

Thanks

I

imported_GFY

Try casting quicken and chug dex pots.

This will increase your swing speed and should make things move a bit faster.

Also try the duelling pits. Wrestle an armed fighter and disarm him. The disarms will also give you a chance for a seperate skill gain.