• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Help help with a luck suit

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A guild-mate wants me to make him a luck suit. I will start by saying I have never even worn a luck suit let alone tried to make one. I make great weapons, I can make a decent mage or stam suit....but luck I am lost on!

First off does luck really make enough of a difference? ( I get tons of drops never wearing any luck)
Second, what is a the max luck I can get/put on a leather piece?
Would the reforge technique be...Horned runic, powerful, one name.. of fortune?
What is a reasonable goal for a luck suit...
they also want 100LRC, max resists, 40 LMC, max Mana Inc, high MR??
what is possible?

thanks I appreciate this...I read through the data base 4 times but never got straight answers...like what is max luck on a piece 150...or 190?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can reforge 150 on a leather piece using horned without powerful using the of fortune name.
Then you can enhance it with spined to get 190. And since spined has +9 physical resist, you will want your pieces to have low physical resist.

Luck helps just a bit, and sometimes it is hard to notice it's effects. I never bother with reforging 150 luck on my pieces. I just imbue them with 100 and enhance with spined or gold to get to 140 after I imbue it.
Since luck uses an imbuing slot, you will have to make sacrifices on your suit. 40 LMC is a must to have, so dropping it is not an option. MR is much too useful to drop, so I usually discard MI, unless you decide to not bother with resists or got really luck when crafting your pieces that all the important resists (fire and energy in this case) are in their high 60s.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For leather you can reforge 150 luck using a horned kit then enhance with spined to get 190.

I use the mempo of fortune + 5x crafted leather items. I don't use the armor of fortune as I prefer to use a crafted part so I can have 40lmc.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
IF I was you, I'd go this route: horned kits, powerful, 2 titles, some pieces will be made with fortune/of defense to get resists right, the rest will be something fortune/arcane, or fortune/invigorating depending on how things shake out with respect to the LRC/MR/LMC/MI.

Max imbue = 100.
Max reforge = 150.

Ether can be enhanced for 40 more.

Though, it's worth asking... given that we have 1 click suit swaps, is your guildy maybe over-thinking this a bit? Why not just cobble together a max luck suit, and swap suits for the last few seconds. So then the luck suit needn't be 'perfect', but simply good enough.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well firstly that only works for EC users.....he isn't one.

Second if you truly want a max suit you are spending millions on kempo, soles, AoF....he doesn't have that kinda gold.... He is just a casual player that asked for my help.

In The end I got the suit done, 6 pieces plus shield all with 190 luck,
Straight 70s, 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 45 dci, 50 sdi. Once he is done training his tamer skills up he can get the skills off his jewelry and bump up his luck some more and casting. If the suit works and he gets rich he can drop a hundred mill and buff his luck up a little more.

It was a challenge ..glad I did it...not looking to do it again. All in all I probably dropped 12-14 horned kits to finish the job up. Thank you everyone for the help an advice...you guys made this possible!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note also that ANYTHING 140 Luck or more requires using one of the forged metal tools from the EA store to enhance to a higher value, for anything other than smiths using an ASH (and gold's multiple resists make failure more likely for smith even with an ASH). 150s are right out, without spending real money or buying a tool off someone that spent real money. That is, unless something radically changed while I was gone.

Chance of Enhancement failure for luck is 30% + (current luck/2), -1% per 10 points over 100 skill.

So, at 120 Tailoring, the failure chance is 30+70-2 = 98% failure JUST for the luck.

So, 2% success chance times the success chance for enhancing physical (which is based on the item's physical before enhancement). That physical chance will be less than 80%, and possibly as low as the mid 50%'s. So the the final chance will be about 1%-1.5% before rounding, which by rule gets rounded down to 1% (all decimals are dropped).

Increasing the luck above 140 drops the success chance for just luck below 2%, which ends us with a rounding to 1%, and the rounding (really truncation) routine means that the physical being factored in drops it to 0% success, without using the tool.