• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help! Help! Help!

• Thread starter imported_Yalp
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Yalp

Our newest residents at the Brit Zoo.. our beloved and lonely crane, our newest pack of wolves and polar bears, and the odd and unusual collection of swamp residents are in danger or loosing their homes! Being in Baja less than a week, one of these fine collections is in danger of returning to their native habitat unless we BAJAians come to their rescue!

The kind and generous benefactor that had our newest residents shipped to Baja is in need of our support! The mysterious decisions of the community planners (known loosely as the devs) have set the decay rate so high we are in danger of loosing these new arrivals.

I humbly beg you, no plead with you! Take some time out of your busy day! Open your hearts, your bank box or your efforts in that most honorable skill of commanding all manner of beast and fowl. Rally to the aid of our Brit Zoo!

Humbly I beseech thee BAJA!
LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Count me in! I will donate all I can when I can. Something I thought of just now was weeding out my stable I can donate those I no longer need along with new tames.

When is the next Tamer-Palooza?

G

Lil Debi worked at turn-ins last night and today .. with the help of a couple other tamers, the zoo is back to Tier 4. Thank you, Lil Debi!

I

imported_Yalp

thx Lil Debi! And Lady Sara and Oriana too and those who donate quietly w/o posting back here. The daily decay rate is a nightmare... which we can only hope gets knocked down soon! But until then.. our 4 little critters at the zoo need some constant attention! I hope all of Baja will support them.. and earn some points toward some very cool reward items.. do it for the zoo.. do it for yourself!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

*** thinking early April for the Tamer-Palooza! Details and an official announcement coming soon!****

G

I'll gladly help because it will give me something to do with my tamer. I understand what a "daily decay rate" is but would you be able to put it in numbers? I've never really educated myself about all of that and would like to know a minimum number of tames I should plan to do per day to help out. Thanks you guys!

G

As close as I can come to finding the decay rate is, 'it's 3% every 24 hours.'
I just checked the zoo points on Baja, and they were at 4,052,391, hence if the 3% decay rate I found on the tamer forum is correct, and the zoo points will decay by approximately 121,571 points by tomorrow.

I

imported_Yalp

aye it's a harsh DAILY decay rate...

I know when we did tamer-palooza we donated more than 200k points. By the time the weekly report for all shards had been done.. we had a net gain of only 40k. *ish*

I know on the general forums many peeps have asked for the decay rate to be changed.. lowered or weekly rather than daily. But who knows when or if this will be addressed.

But until they do... our 4 little furry, fuzzy and scaley friends are on the bubble!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

G

I just noticed that the decay must not happen at server up. I started contributing to the zoo a few minutes after I posted the decay rate. When turning in this round, I noticed our zoo is back down to tier 3, and the number of points is 3,934,618 (a loss of 117,773 points), and tier 4 is 65,382 points away.

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The decay rate is way too high. I spent a good 6 hours Tuesday turning in animals. We were into 4 tier by a good 40k Tuesday night and today its back to tier 3 . No one can keep up with that much daily point loss. Sadly its a waste of time.

I

imported_Yalp

You aren't the only one turning in critters by the truck load. I turned in 50 drakes today.. buy tomorrow it will be almost gone.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well not a waste of time, IF we could get enough tamers to do it. But sadly it is very time consuming and frustrating with the daily decaying. I don't have time to donate daily as I'm sure many others have the same problem. Hopefully the devs will look into this very soon.

*crosses fingers toes and eyes*
*falls flat on face*

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed Yalp ,others have turned in animals daily, and that is my point about the decay rate.

It almost seems like the more animals you turn in the higher the decay rate is.

Decay may not take place at server up but later in the day as Sara stated. At 650 AM CST the numbers were 3968568 on tier 3, 31432 to reach tier 4.

G

The decay rate isn't a higher percentage, but the higher the zoo points, the more points we lose daily. If the zoo has 4,000,000 points, the decay will be around 120k points. If the zoo has 6,000,000 points, then the approximate decay points would be 180k. (Based on a 3% daily decay.) Of course, the zoo never has nice round numbers to work with.

G

Wow! I didn't realize that the decay rate was so high. Thank you all for putting numbers out there as it brought the problem into proper perspective (I'm a 'numbers' kind of gal). I'll try to help daily but as was pointed out, there are days I can't find time to even log in. I really do hope they look into this. With a smaller number of people playing UO, this is daunting. Oh yeah and TAMERS RULE.

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checking on the Zoo this morning at 10.00 am central we are on Tier 4 4022697 total with 977303 points to Tier 5. It is good to see Tier 4 again but the daily decay has not taken place yet so we will most likely be Tier 3 in a few. It would take quite a Tamer to donate those figures today. No way this Tamer can donate that many this morning. But hey.. we see Tier 4 -Tier 2 would be worse!

Thanks to those who donated this weekend.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm about to drag in more polar bears. Did some this weekend. At least we are seeing people trying and willing to put time in for it, more and more.

Keep it up Baja!!

I

imported_Yalp

I try to dump about 25 drakes /day in there.. my personal reward points are growing, but it's like a trying to hold back the ocean.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya it's tough, Polar bears are my optimal tame at the moment on my new tamer, need to jewl her up to do something else soon. Tamers need more choices for turn ins. (ya I know old complaint, but still valid).

S

stonecypher

I have also been turning in on a regular basis. Not as much as I'd like though. Seems everytime I get on it's no time for Stoney to do what Stoney wants to do. LOL Guild comes first.... =P