• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP! Have not played in 10 years. CAN'T find my own house.

ProphetPX

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Title says it all. I have not played ANY UO in about 10 years (it was the first MMO i ever paid for -- years ago) and i had a BIG house (like a tower) but i have forgotten where it was and i have no idea how to get there...

I just today paid to resurrect my old account, and as soon as i started playing, i DIED within 1 minute and lost a bunch of gear that i did not even know i had... because i did not even have time to get my BEARINGS, let alone figure out the CRAP interface again ... what the heck?!

And guess what? As soon as i roamed far enough to find a healer to resurrect me again, and i tried to find my corpse .... to get my dropped gear, THEN I DIED YET AGAIN! :(

sigh!! I am frustrated! :(

i KNOW i have a house because the last time i played i had a tower-like one that i had the deed and everything... I just do not remember where it was -- can anyone please at least help me to find where my house is located?

AS soon as i can get my character logged out INSIDE of my house where it should be safe? Then i can re-learn this game again and hopefully not die as much / not lose all my inventory again ... :(

I have characters on a few servers but the one this happened to me on was either Great Lakes or Catskills.

Maybe i should have just stuck to DDO and SWTOR and not paid for this game again after so many years :(

Can anyone please help me? I am sure this game has grown by leaps and bounds over 15 years... and i really feel like a total newbie all over again and i DO NOT WANT TO DIE so much! :(

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi and welcome back. If the account was left inactive (not paying subscription) the house might well of fallen. Also you can insure items these days.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Your house is likely down now, but don't fret! GL and Catskills are both lower population shards, so you can easily place another one.

If you like, I would love to have a new neighbor over on Napa and start getting the southern tip of the contenent populated (within close boat range of Jhelom, Minoc, and Yew). I've only been back after my 10 year haiatus for about two or three months now and I've already got characters that can make several hundreds of thousands of gold per day. I'd be happy to help you get on your feet if you need it.

While DDO and SWTOR are pretty fun (sorta') they do lack the one fundimental aspect that UO has held since day one. We are a roleplayer's game. While, yes, we have a lot of PKs and PvE players and farmers (etc) we also have people who are craftsmen, gentlemen, animal tamers, cooks, scribes, and so much more. Richard Garret himself said that it's the defining thing that makes UO unique. In all other games you are a combatant with other skills. In Ultima Online, you are whatever you want to be.

I strongly suggest you give UO a few months and see if it's the kind of atmosphere that you're interested in, and if you like, the offer stands (really for any new/returning players) to help get you started as my neighbors on Napa Valley. There are lots of house plot spaces available and even several locations that a castle could probably go (if you search for them).

Also, I highly suggest using the Classic Client (unless you like the Enhanced Client) since it really is what us old players are more used to. And don't worry about being a newbie again, that's a good thing ;) Helps you to learn the game from a fresh point of view.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop living in the past. Use the enhanced client with pincos.

There are so many benefits, and as you been away so long you wont feel like the cc is attached phically to your brain an un able to move on ;)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2