• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help for the mathmatically challenged?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What change, if any, do I need to make?

My tamer uses chiv as a support skill merely for removing curse on her pet.
Her current template is:
chiv 25 modified with jewels to 55
mage 100 modified with jewels to 108 - capped 110. (she also has a conjurer's grimoire)
animal lore 120
Taming 120
vet 120
music 115 modified with talisman to 120
peace 120

Karma is currently 28880.

Main use of magery is supplementary healing on the pet in tight situations, heal and cure self and invis. So what is the level for 100% success in invis?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd say drop animal lore to 110, that will free up 10 skill points. outside of that, think you might need some more skill bonus. Could drop a little vet i suppose but eh.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you need to change anything? What are you trying to do differently?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why I said 'if any', I don't know what affect the current proposed changes will have on the effectiveness of the minimal amount of chivalry this character has. Chuck a load of formulas at me and my brain goes 'no thanks' and shuts down. :D

If I've got to raise chiv to maintain the same level of ability I'll need to drop something a bit. magery is probably the most obvious choice to me, since I have a cap of 110 and a grimoire with 15 on it.
I'm reluctant to drop lore or vet. I'm using my spare stable slots to gather stock and transfer it to my Magincia stall selling non-tamer pets.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's why I said 'if any', I don't know what affect the current proposed changes will have on the effectiveness of the minimal amount of chivalry this character has. Chuck a load of formulas at me and my brain goes 'no thanks' and shuts down. :D

If I've got to raise chiv to maintain the same level of ability I'll need to drop something a bit. magery is probably the most obvious choice to me, since I have a cap of 110 and a grimoire with 15 on it.
I'm reluctant to drop lore or vet. I'm using my spare stable slots to gather stock and transfer it to my Magincia stall selling non-tamer pets.
Gotcha..

Unless you are needing to gate your pets around, id say flip chiv to 120 and drop magery completely for med (if available)

You lose your invis, but if you can pull off 4/6 casting with a little med, your supplementary heals will be better off anyways (if you stand close, have great karma, etc) And then you will keep remove curse very nicely.

Alternatively you could drop both and find a way to build in 120mystic/focus and chain cleansing winds, get your heals and your remove curses that way.

C

Cloak&Dagger

What change, if any, do I need to make?

My tamer uses chiv as a support skill merely for removing curse on her pet.
Her current template is:
chiv 25 modified with jewels to 55
mage 100 modified with jewels to 108 - capped 110. (she also has a conjurer's grimoire)
animal lore 120
Taming 120
vet 120
music 115 modified with talisman to 120
peace 120

Karma is currently 28880.

Main use of magery is supplementary healing on the pet in tight situations, heal and cure self and invis. So what is the level for 100% success in invis?
The min for invis should be something like 92.1? I think sixth level spells have a min casting of 52.1 so 92.1 gives 100% invis. If I am wrong on the minimal skill needed to cast then just add 40 to whatever the min is.

Unless you are target peacing, you can lower either music or peace to 100 (or even both as at 100/100 you have a 100% chance to area peace) But if you are target peacing critters then yea you will most likely want to keep it that high.

You basically have my same template, but I think I may end up dropping chiv altogether, only testing on that character will tell I suppose, I did not notice any math for calculating the effectiveness of remove curse and that is the only real spell I will be "missing" if the changes go through.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, I do target peace. I'm the idiot who actually tamed her greater dragon by target peacing. I read in the tamer forum that it can't be done. Please no one tell my draggy that :D
After reading the replies and thinking a bit, I'm considering dropping magery to 85, which would allow me to take chiv to 40 real, 70 with the jewels and still allow me to have gm magery when equipping the grimoire for gating boura to sell on the stall. @ 70 chiv with good karma I think I should still be able to remove curses and mortal from my pet with reasonable success. ( I wish there was a way to see when the pet is cursed without having to open the lore gump - it's not very convenient to do in the middle of a fight :D )