• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help for a first time trainer

Tanth

Visitor
Hello I am returned player after a long time away and I am trying to wrap my head around training. I have a Najasaurus (i chose something new that i like the look of) and I am needing some guidance on how to best train him. He has 802 hps, 176 str and 167 dex. his magic resist is 163.7. I played around with him a little, without clicking the begin training button, and raised his int to 125 and his skills to mid 90s. So i guess my first question is should i get those skills to 100 before i start? And then once I start training how should I allocate points? From what I have read on here stamina regen doesnt need to be over 13 and I should raise int to 370, what else? I would like to keep poison on him, and that brings up the question of if he will inflict poison with normal attacks or only special attacks? As for abilities i am trying to decide between PB+AI or PB+FWW, which would you guys recommend? Sorry for the length and thanks for any help.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello I am returned player after a long time away and I am trying to wrap my head around training. I have a Najasaurus (i chose something new that i like the look of) and I am needing some guidance on how to best train him. He has 802 hps, 176 str and 167 dex. his magic resist is 163.7. I played around with him a little, without clicking the begin training button, and raised his int to 125 and his skills to mid 90s. So i guess my first question is should i get those skills to 100 before i start? And then once I start training how should I allocate points? From what I have read on here stamina regen doesnt need to be over 13 and I should raise int to 370, what else? I would like to keep poison on him, and that brings up the question of if he will inflict poison with normal attacks or only special attacks? As for abilities i am trying to decide between PB+AI or PB+FWW, which would you guys recommend? Sorry for the length and thanks for any help.
@Pawain patty cakes will chime in and lots of great info @ uo.cah as well

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The usual spread is 700 str, 150 dex and stam, 370 int for the average pet. There are exceptions to this rule of course. You should still go 700 str and 150 stam but you won't reach 370 int with overcapped dex. You just get it as high as you can. And unless you are planning on having your pet fight Rikktor or other hard hitting bosses you don't need any higher than 5 stam regen. Or you can go 10 stam regen if you just have extra points to play with but I'd never go higher than that. 20hpr and 30mr is pretty standard. As far as what type of build you go with that really depends on how you play and your tamer build. I will echo the above comment that you should check out the Cah website and probably join their discord. It's filled with taming related information.

I forgot to mention you don't need to work his skills up before training slots. But having wrestling at 100 can make it a little easier. It boils down to personal preference.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make sure it is a two slot Najasaurus. They come in 3 slot and 2 slot. 2 slot ones build better.

Find a 2 slot with near 190 dex and high resist (180 +).

Since you can spawn them over and over be picky.
The other things do not matter, they have plenty of build points.

decide between PB+AI or PB+FWW, which would you guys recommend?
Make one of each.

I specifically use mine for Zippy. Don't put a lot of mana if you plan using it there.
There are a lot of mobs that are immune to poison or have high poison resist.

A very old thread with info.

Tanth

Visitor
Thank you all for the help. It is a 2 slot. Is there a benefit to fww over poison breath for groups of mobs? And is AI the best single target damage ability? As for making one of each, I will eventually, but I have just started over and funds and time are a limiting factor, so I just wanted to make a fun (and new to me) pet that I can do as much content as possible with.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine looks like this. Don't copy the one in the thread. I cant believe I had scrolls to waste on testing pets back then.

1648761704963.png

Thank you all for the help. It is a 2 slot. Is there a benefit to fww over poison breath for groups of mobs? And is AI the best single target damage ability? As for making one of each, I will eventually, but I have just started over and funds and time are a limiting factor, so I just wanted to make a fun (and new to me) pet that I can do as much content as possible with.
Since you can get poison breath you may as well it is effective. FWW and AI will work on single targets. So most go with FWW as you see from mine above, they have a lot of points.

But I would find you one with higher Dex and Resist. Since you just need 1 and can be picky.

I chose Aura of Nausea. Because that sounded good back then. Mine works great at the Zipy encounter.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
FWW will do more damage than PB but PB has a much greater range. PB is good for pulling stuff in like at a champ spawn. AI does tend to do a lot of damage and it's what I use for single target pets.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From what I have read on here stamina regen doesnt need to be over 13 and I should raise int to 370, what else?
You can follow this guide for all the basics things that you should maximize to make a good base pet.
The naj has a lot of points so you can put stam regen more than normal after you choose the basics.

Then make yourself a nice Cu Sidhe.

Tanth

Visitor
Thank you for the help. I think I will keep this one for the short term and use him to learn the ins and outs of training, and learn how to fight with my animal again. I will go with PB+AI so that I have some crowd control and good single target. Hopefully this will allow me to explore all the new (for me) places. I will also start looking for a good Cu. I will probably be back with more questions as i get to the different training stages.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can follow this guide for all the basics things that you should maximize to make a good base pet.
The naj has a lot of points so you can put stam regen more than normal after you choose the basics.
Why would anyone want to put that much stam regen?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would anyone want to put that much stam regen?
It clearly had the points. When you don't use 700 points for FWW you have 700 extra points. :)
Everything on the pet is at caps, so that was all that was left.

That's why I sent him to the link where it says put on 5.

Najs are like Tigers, you can max everything and have points left over. If you do not put on FWW.

Last edited: