• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Alchemy] Help confirm a bug.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I am trying to figure out if this is just my alchemist or everyone's

When I pull up my alchemy menu and look at the chance to make a bottle of ichor it says 100%
When I remove my +25% Alchemy Bonus Talisman, and once again check at the chance to make a bottle of ichor...it says 70%
I put on my 25% talisman and back to 100%
When I do the math...well I get confused because 100% minus 25% sure is not 70%
Also I am confused because even though it says 100%...I had fails in a batch of ichor I was making.

SO I go switch out my 25% alch bonus with a 16% alch bonus talisman.
Then when I check again my percentage to make is 99.7%

So can some of you post your results.

Without talisman 70%
With 16% talisman 99.7%
With 25% talisman 100%

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When I pull up my alchemy menu and look at the chance to make a bottle of ichor it says 100%
When I remove my +25% Alchemy Bonus Talisman, and once again check at the chance to make a bottle of ichor...it says 70%
When I do the math...well I get confused because 100% minus 25% sure is not 70%....
I don't think that the "chance" percentage is tied to an exact skill point. And even at 100% chance, all skills will occasionally fail, in my experience with crafting most everything...

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested both on Bottle of Ichor (Alchemy) and Flour Mill (Carpentry) using talismans giving different bonus levels:

For some reason, if the craftable requires an additional skill to craft (Magery together with Alchemy for Bottle of Ichor, Tinkering together with Carpentry for Flour Mill, etc.) the bonus on the talisman is multiplied roughly by 1.75 (~75% more, at least when the second skill requirement is at 50.0). This seems like a bug, maybe you should report in on the Bug forum, great catch TullyMars.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When I do the math...well I get confused because 100% minus 25% sure is not 70%
Also I am confused because even though it says 100%...I had fails in a batch of ichor I was making.

SO I go switch out my 25% alch bonus with a 16% alch bonus talisman.
Then when I check again my percentage to make is 99.7%

So can some of you post your results.

Without talisman 70%
With 16% talisman 99.7%
With 25% talisman 100%
My two cents worth also to confirm
Making carpentry item, chance to make 57.7% without talisman. With 26% talisman bonus and having hit the woodworkers bench 100% shows on the menu.
Make 20 of those items, fail twice in that sequence, huh????

However, doing the math, something's not right here.
57.7% chance to make on menu plus 26% talisman = 83.7%
83.7% plus woodworkers bench bonus of 5% = 88.7% NOT 100%
Before I hit the woodworker's bench, I put on the talisman and the menu said 95.7% chance to make.