• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP! Advice Needed

N

nickdafunk

I went to fight a paragon CU today to see how I would fayre. As suspsected, I was mauled beyond belief.

I know this is a good test to see how your character will handle dread horn, so it looks like I've got a long long way to go still.

The dog was dealing out 40 damage to me too regularly for me to stay alive with leeching/healing(constant bleed didn't help the healing)

I know this will probably seem like a walk in the park when i eventually face dread, so for that reason, I am in need of some guidance.

My Temp: (currently)

Swords 120
Bush 117.2(will be 120 this week)
Parry 115
Healing 95
Anat 81
Tactics 70
Chiv 68
Necro 36

By utilising equipment such as midnight bracers, jewels, bloodwood and grimoir I am fighting in vampire embrace.

My Suit:

Mace and Shield Glasses
Jackal's Collar
Heart of the Lion
Royal Leggings of Embers
Barbed Arms with MI 5
Barbed Gloves with LMC 4

Primer On Arms +20 DI

In Vamp Embrace my resists are: 70/70/65/68/70

DCI 48
Damage Increase (only) 42. I am looking at improving this.

My stats (this is where i think my main problems lie):

Str\hp = 101\100
Dex\Stamina = 130\130
Int\Mana = 45\50

I do not own a crimson currently, although I am saving quite a bit just now and hopefully will be able to afford one quite soon.

My main weapon:

Axe
Stamina Leech 34
Mana Leech 45
Life Leech 33
Hit Lower Defense 32
SSI 30
100% Physical

Can anyone give me some advice considering all of these facts?

Thanks in advance.

C

Connor_Graham

I haven't tried a para Cu yet, but that's on the list for tomorrow as I'll have my final skill, Bushido, at 120, which will finish off the remake of my template. One thing right off the bat is your Dex, which I think you already see. You need to be at 150 Dex, and it looks like your DCI is low. You really need to be at the max of 45%, and also have as much HCI as possible.

I'm sure other more experienced players that have been using this template could tell you more, but this is what I can see right off the bat.

N

nickdafunk

My DCI is maxed, my HCI is about 22 if memory serves me correctly.

But yeah, I need more dex but mostly I need more hit points. I'm looking at ways of adjusting my suit currently.

Just picked up some human fey leggings for a good price. They give an extra 8 hit points as well as 20dci meaning i can lose the the heart of the lion. What i'm now looking to do is get a tunic with high resists and a healthy hp increase, then with the addition of a crimson, i would be looking at hit points in the 120's which would make some kind of difference i think.

But is that even enough? I'm not sure..

My main tactic when fighting the dog was to try and keep concecrete weap going along with lightning strike, and bandys too. On one attempt I used confidence quite a bit and I felt this helped alot. I haven't been using counter attack, maybe i should be.

C

Connor_Graham

You need more Dex more than you need more hit points I think. More Dex means more hits which equals more leeches, which is much more needed than a few more HP's. Not saying that you don't need more, but Dex is going to be more important overall, especially in any kind of extended fight. You really do need to get a Crimson, as having one would help both of your weaknesses at once.

N

nickdafunk

Okay, I think you have a point. When i'm fighting the big critters my stamina drops when I get hit which slows down my swing speed which messes everything up.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, I think you have a point. When i'm fighting the big critters my stamina drops when I get hit which slows down my swing speed which messes everything up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what happened to me while fighting Rend, and the main reason I ended up dieing to him.

N

nickdafunk

How did you go with the Para CU Conner?

I feel like i'm in Limbo just now. Its like being stuck on a level of a computer game back in the day and waiting for a mate to help you get past it lol...

C

Connor_Graham

"How did you go with the Para CU Conner?"

I think I did rather well....

And since I was feeling brave....

I call this one "Who's your daddy?"

Both were solo'd on the first attempt.

K

Kakitasteel

yeah i tried the para cu died ay too fast.... of course i don't have necro in my temp either.....
but congrats never tried the para balron but can handle para succubusses pretty easy... are the bally's tougher than the succy's?

C

Connor_Graham

I don't know that I've ever seen a paragon Succubus. Didn't even know there was one. The only place I've ever seen them is in the Fan Dancer Dojo.

But yeah, the Balron was tough. He hits for 40ish against 70 resist, so there's no standing there for any length of time. I can take 3 hits from one and if it tosses anything else in the mix, 3 would kill me at 124 HP's. It was a long fight and I went through quite a few pots and bandages. Stingy bastred didn't even give me a chest for bragging rights.

N

nickdafunk

What would be the benefit of me going elf on this character? Would I get an extra number of mana points freeing up other stats for strength and dex?

Are there any drawbacks to this?

B

Bloodeye

hi Folks
i have a question too!

i was able to finish my char

120 Fenc
120 Bush
120 Parry
100 Anat
66 Tac
90 Healing
70 Chival
34 necro

i have 97 hits and 154 stamina
I got
Heart of Lion
Mace and Shield glasses
Legs of Bane
Stormgrips
high mr/lmc sleeves
jackals collar
45 hci/45 dci, 70 70 70 70 66 resis
quiver etc
War Fork with 45 ml and ll, 40 di
War cleaver 45 ml, 40 harm, 35 di

War Fork with 45 ml, 33 ll, 20 stamina leech, 24 di

i am currently working on dread horn.
but i got a major problem!
i kann kill both spiders, no problem
i can kill gnarw lol

but i cant [censored] kill irk

i tried everything
but he keeps smashing the [censored] out of me

i have tried everything
i started with confidence and after the first combo evasion
i tried to start with evasion to get perfection up and then switch to confidence

but i just cant kill him

how do u do it?

i dont bring pots atm because i die so often.
i went to irk like 25 times. but didnt managed to kill him
i tried every weapon that i got
1handed 2 handed

plz help me guys

C

Connor_Graham

Try using a wep with SSI, ML and the big one, Stamina Leech. If you're not swinging, you're not leeching life back through Vamp form. That's the key. Also, bring the pots with you. Make sure you have plenty of TR and GH pots, and macros set up to use them. They come in very handy when the SL doesn't go off, or your bandage gets slowed to a crawl due to low stamina.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

There are actually 2 benefits to it. First, elves get an extra 20 mana. This allows you to have 125 Dex and 100 Str, leaving 30 points for Int, which with the bonus, equals 50 mana. This is where the second benefit comes in, as 30 mana that the human would have would not be enough to be able to chain primary weapon specials, but with the extra 20 mana from being an elf, it gives you just enough so that you can. I changed from human to elf on Connor just for the second benefit, as being able to chain specials is devastating on this template.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks for that Conner. I've just scoped out the Elf to Human quest and i'm going to do that tomorrow afternoon. That should be a really big boost for me, an extra 20 stat points to play with, along with my suit adjustments will be a huge help.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

There are actually 2 benefits to it. First, elves get an extra 20 mana. This allows you to have 125 Dex and 100 Str, leaving 30 points for Int, which with the bonus, equals 50 mana. This is where the second benefit comes in, as 30 mana that the human would have would not be enough to be able to chain primary weapon specials, but with the extra 20 mana from being an elf, it gives you just enough so that you can. I changed from human to elf on Connor just for the second benefit, as being able to chain specials is devastating on this template.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks for that Conner. I've just scoped out the Elf to Human quest and i'm going to do that tomorrow afternoon. That should be a really big boost for me, an extra 20 stat points to play with, along with my suit adjustments will be a huge help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done the Human to Elf quest. Now the problem i'm faced with is dropping int for dex and some strength.

My template is nearly complete and i currently have just 2.5 skill points to play around with.

I've tried see-saw'ing the 2.5 between musicianship and arms lore but im not getting any change in stats.

Any suggestions?

*EDIT, Came to my senses and soul stoned healing lol

C

Connor_Graham

Yes, but when taking on things like DH with no Resist in your template, that 150 dex gets dropped to 107. 6-7 sec bandages.

I

imported_NBG

Greater strength and agility pots is also the key and removing curse is a must do when you are fighting DH. because his stats area effect stacks with the various stats weakening spell he will throw at you.

When I am fighting DH I pretty much keep divine fury up just because the 10% swing speed will make a difference when using an ornate. I also just use it to gain stam back because the amount you are leeching is more than enough to use that spell nonstop. The thing is to only use divine fury if you over cap DCI or it will do more harm than good.