• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Helm of Swiftness

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One just popped into my pack, probably a reward for fighting paragons in Ilsh'nar.
It's not useful enough now that anyone would want to wear it.
It needs better resists so it could be part of a 70s suit.
It needs Lower Mana Cost and Lower Reagent Cost so a mage might want to wear it.
It needs self-repair so I would prefer it to a Greater, Major, or Legendary piece that I already have sitting around.
@Kyronix give it some thought for a redesign please.

Is it almost time for a 2020 wishlist?

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
These drops are what 15 years old?
They sound similar to the things you get in the classic virtue dungeons , dragon's end sword...the pieces of armor for virtue set....the jaana staff...etc

Pretty safe bet that the dev team will leave this stuff alone .
Unless the helm can be made into a new mailbox in the uo store! Ha!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pretty much... trash points. I keep one for you know "I got this" sort of thing but otherwise most of that stuff is garbage. Unless you're a mage I'd say a vast majority of all drops are garbage. Mace and Shields are ok but that's not a drop.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And players beg to bring back ToT so we can get that junk again.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And players beg to bring back ToT so we can get that junk again.
The only reason to bring that back would be for the dyes... and only if they were the 50 use dyes and then only if they put in NEW ones... but yeah.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ToT were my favorite events in game. I agree the drops would need a revamp to match today’s current gear levels, but I think this would be a fun event for 2020.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well we sure wouldn't mind a few more certain Leurocian's Mempos!
If you want those go get an oracle of the sea and summon up a few mobs as they put that Mempo on the um... charblis or whatever it's called.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We had read in the Publish notes it made a return as a drop on Charybdis. But that is why we added the word "certain". If you can turn in a certain number of Tokuno arties and handpick the mempo that makes it a goal to work towards, whereas a rare drop on a boss that takes ages could be done a 1000 times with RNG screwing you over. Not to mention it is behind the High Seas booster obstacle. But it remains on the long-term-future to-do-list. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had read in the Publish notes it made a return as a drop on Charybdis. But that is why we added the word "certain". If you can turn in a certain number of Tokuno arties and handpick the mempo that makes it a goal to work towards, whereas a rare drop on a boss that takes ages could be done a 1000 times with RNG screwing you over. Not to mention it is behind the High Seas booster obstacle. But it remains on the long-term-future to-do-list. :)
The mempo was a minor artifact and apparently rare. Too bad I can't turn in the chest of Tokuno drops I have and get one. The devs will not let it be one of the choices if ToT returned.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Oh wow, that was a minor? The best of the entire bunch! We have no real recollection of ToT as we were out traveling for 6 months back then, so far from UO. We were just very fortunate with wonderful Guildies who gave us two complete sets upon our return. Now you mention it, we do vaguely remember having felt surprised before about reading that being a Minor ToT artie. Then indeed that could still take forever if the RNG is against you. We eat our words up there! :blushing::blushing:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we all feel it should have been one of the trade up items.