• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My name is Philly. I have been playing UO since 1997. My account is 196 months. As we all know things have come along way. When I started you could have one house per character. I was part of the Skara Rangers on LS back in the 90's. We had long server downs so during that(my play time) people were killing each other during 2 hour unsaved time lol. So I played on Baja during that time mining ore. I ended up making the change to Baja and was one of the first dozen GM Smiths her name is Sugar. So I would mine all day and make armor at end of each day. People would line up at my little house in Felucca(that wasn't Felucca yet because that's all there was) next to the Minoc stables. Back then if you were GM Smith you were a God and all the guys wanted to marry me! LOL On 11-11-2000 Our shard held a Miss Baja contest. I won and still have the screen shots :p But I never received my prize. To this day that makes me sad..yeah yeah your hearts all bleed peanut butter. Then Trammel came out and during that down time I ended up with a house on Catskills, Lake Superior, Baja and Yamoto. I still have all those houses but have made another account to come be with everyone on ATL. I'm not in LLTS but I thank them for bringing everyone together for all those books they left of all the shards for years inviting everyone to come join them. You may ask why I have not joined Stratics sooner? Honestly :p I had never used a computer till I seen my husband playing UO and I said WHATS THAT? as I vaccumed around his desk. I love UO and have spent almost all my time as a merchant making things for others. Not so much this days since the game has changed so much. That Imbuing still baffles me LOL. So here I am and wanted to say hello and let you all know a little bit about me!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Philly, neat little story. Ah I wish I had noticed uo way back then but I didn't start gaming until shortly after the introduction of item insurance. I've taken breaks here and there over the years as unfortunately guilds I was a part of didn't always last. I still don't get the imbuing stuff (never got into it), but I just started playing again. I have to say, kind of refreshing. But, over the course of 12+ years now, I've played quite a few games. Guild Wars the original and Guild Wars 2, Lineage I and II, EVE Online, Dragon Nest, Warcraft, FFXI, FFXIV and some others here and there. Probably my most memorable times were playing a thief in FFXI back when you needed 6 man parties just to get experience points. The games not much fun any more as it's pretty watered down, but I capped out at 99 every job I wanted to, 14 or 15 in all.

It's nice to play UO again though, placed a house, started crafting again. Good times!

Last edited:

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hi Philly, neat little story. Ah I wish I had noticed uo way back then but I didn't start gaming until shortly after the introduction of item insurance. I've taken breaks here and there over the years as unfortunately guilds I was a part of didn't always last. I still doing get the imbuing stuff (never got into it), but I just started playing again. I have to say, kind of refreshing. But, over the course of 12+ years now, I've played quite a few games. Guild Wars the original and Guild Wars 2, Lineage I and II, EVE Online, Dragon Nest, Warcraft, FFXI, FFXIV and some others here and there. Probably my most memorable times were playing a thief in FFXI back when you needed 6 man parties just to get experience points. The games not much fun any more as it's pretty watered down, but I capped out at 99 every job I wanted to, 14 or 15 in all.

It's nice to play UO again though, placed a house, started crafting again. Good times!
Nice to hear about you Diomedes, bet you could tell us all a thing or 2 about gaming or should I say games? I played WOW for 5 years but kept my UO account paid and popped in now and then. Missed a lot though and WOW was'nt worth missing what I missed.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice to hear about you Diomedes, bet you could tell us all a thing or 2 about gaming or should I say games? I played WOW for 5 years but kept my UO account paid and popped in now and then. Missed a lot though and WOW was'nt worth missing what I missed.
Yeah let's see I played WOW for 4 years or so and have to pretty much agree with you. At least I did play WOW though when it wasn't completely watered down like it is now. It was nice to fight in some areas that had all elite monsters and where you were lucky to not die.