• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello

H

Helbrass

Hello!
Erm... this will sound stupid... but anyways. I kind of "need" a friend from japan to answer me few non-UO related questions, mainly about japan. But most of all I would like to have friend from Japan.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello!
Erm... this will sound stupid... but anyways. I kind of "need" a friend from japan to answer me few non-UO related questions, mainly about japan. But most of all I would like to have friend from Japan.
I don't think it would sound stupid. What?

H

Helbrass

Basically, I'm heading to Japan with my gf in summer and would like to know what should I go look in Tokyo as I don't want to see just the basic tourist sightseeing areas. By quickly looking Tokyo it's like 350 times bigger than my home town. So would like to know what to look from there. I don't like the basic tourist spots as I feel they don't give the real feel of any country.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically, I'm heading to Japan with my gf in summer and would like to know what should I go look in Tokyo as I don't want to see just the basic tourist sightseeing areas. By quickly looking Tokyo it's like 350 times bigger than my home town. So would like to know what to look from there. I don't like the basic tourist spots as I feel they don't give the real feel of any country.
I'm sorry to be late to reply you.

I think I'm not the best person to answer to your question, but I'll try it.

--

Welcome to Tokyo!

It is very difficult recently, to find something good and interesting that is not revealed by mass media. What I introduce might be on guidebooks.

What I'd like to introduce you is not a place, but an event held in summer every year. So I hope your schedule hit the date.

Every summer, fireworks events are held all over in Japan. A fireworks event of Sumida river is the largest and most popular one in Japan,

I was once there about 20 years before. It was a really great and gee-whiz spectacle. People in Japan like to see fireworks.

Cf: Sumida River Fireworks Festival

videos: youtube

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya, I'm not Japanese but was in Japan/Tokyo summer '07 visiting a friend for a weekend, and lemme tell ya everywhere I went was basically interesting lol and the tourist sites are even more imo... coz u'll see different kinds of interesting ppl just walking on the streets. And also, I lurved most of the houses/architectures there (Got pretty inspired there to build my houses in UO, lol.). Twas unfortunate I couldnt spend more time there, but it was interesting/fun enuf for me checking out a few tourist attractions. :D

I'd say u could use a friend there to take u around more if u're planning on a long vacation there, but other than that, the tourist attractions arent so bad either :)

P.S: And the fireworks were awesome!.. ;)

Good luck and hope u have a happy summer vac.