• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello UO Atlantic

Lord Atlantic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm New to the Forums just wanted to drop by and say hello, meet some friendly people, and have some fun.

I have played UO for about 10 years or so, but never made an account on stratics before. I have always browsed the forum but i thought that it was time to make an account to post things myself.

Hello, My name is Lord Atlantic.

I have played Ultima Online for many years (Roughly 10) on and off. The first shard i started on was Sonoma where i found my self confused not knowing how to play. Then eventually had Atlantic become my main Shard

When i first started i found myself in the city of Britain lost an confused wondering around simply clicking on everything. Within 5 minutes of playing, I nded up in the Britain Grave Yard where it appeared to have many undead monsters that slowly ran after me. I just stood there not knowing when they turned grey they would attack or have targeted me, as i was inexperienced I igured I could just go in and kill them. Well I learned my lesson, i had no armor, no weapon, just a skinning knife. I died within a few seconds of being attacked then everything turned grey.

It was as if i was a ghost which was quite interesting because most games you die then spawn somewhere else. I wondered around as a ghost for a while not knowing no-one could see me. I then , somehow, made myself back to the Britain bank where i tried to speak out to someone figuring they could not hear me. Then it looked as though the other person was speaking another language while after he spoke i had a menu pop up about being resurrected.

I reply to the nice gentlemen "Thank You!", he replied "You must be new?".... of course it was a given, come to find out there are healers "Wondering Healers" all over the place too that most people would have just done that to get resurrected. He then began to help me out by telling me the easiest thing to do to start out is to fix your stats by getting all random skills trained and paid for with gold by NPC to level max of 700.

He was kind to give be about 10,000 gold which to me was an amazing amount of gold.

He then gave me a short tour of the game so that i could navigate and do what i needed to do to successfully play the game. Which indeed helps significantly.

I'm not quite sure if i would still be playing Ultima Online if it wasn't for him assisting me. The game is very confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, everything comes as air does to breath.

I would like to say I'm a gamer person since i love games altogether, its a good stress reliever and causes fun when I'm bored.

My Goals are to become more familiar with Ultima Online and the people who play the game. I was told that many people use Stratics as a hub (Extension) away from the game to communicate with others to make the game even more fun.

I wish to learn how to use the forums more and become well known.

Thanks goes out to everyone who have gotten me this far.

I look forward to meeting so many amazing people who loves Ultima Online as much as I do :)

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome! I've relied on the Stratics forums and other information on here since 1997. There is SUCH a wealth of information here. I learned how to fight creatures, cut my fishing quest time down by 90%, found out about events in time to participate, Learned why I'm getting orange tiles in my house I'm rebuilding and thousands and thousands of other helpful information. Oh and the entertainment by the silly people here with quick wit is priceless.

So welcome!