• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello there, I'm from Blazing Falls and my property got left behind.... ?

A

AmethystMoon

Hi there,

I'm Amethyst ,

I just started my account back up because I heard Blazing falls was joining Ealand finally! I was excited. Sadly my lot did not make it with me. Can someone point me in the right direction or let me know what happened?

I don't have it in me I think to start all over from scratch with nothing....

Thanks

I

imported_Qute Pi

I'm not sure how having a free account would effect your property being merged.
Best to email [email protected]
Give as much info as you can including sims name.

A

AmethystMoon

Thanks for the address. It's a premium, paid account btw.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just started my account back up

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you mean you keep your account paid while not playing. If you didn't pay for (I cannot remember how many) days, then your sim may have been moved out.

P

Peppie

<blockquote><hr>

Hi there,

I'm Amethyst ,

I just started my account back up because I heard Blazing falls was joining Ealand finally! I was excited. Sadly my lot did not make it with me. Can someone point me in the right direction or let me know what happened?

I don't have it in me I think to start all over from scratch with nothing....

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

yes same here

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you mean you keep your account paid while not playing. If you didn't pay for (I cannot remember how many) days, then your sim may have been moved out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sims get evicted from property by DADDI cleanups after 30 days of non-payment, deleted totally after 90 days of non-payment. If anybody made it beyond those points then somebody was looking down on them and giving them a blessing because as far as I know the cleanups have been automatic everywhere except Betaville.

G

I recieved an email on 2/28/2008 from Maxis that read:

_____________ subscription to The Sims Online™ will expire in 7 days. To continue your game play uninterrupted, just click here to login to your account and activate your billing. In seconds you'll be back in the game.

Don't leave your Sims, friends and neighbors behind! Upgrade to full user status today to keep playing The Sims Online. Upgrading is fast and easy and there are many different payment options to choose from.

So I did resubscribe on 2/28/2008, but none of my sims or houses made any of the merges. I have emailed to the addy given above with my main sim name and property. I guess I assumed since I recieved the email telling me what it did that my sim was secure, otherwise I would NOT have resubscribed. I have talked to a few original founder's of TSO that made the merges, and they recieved their sims back even after not playing they stated for 3-5 years.

If anyone has any more input on this I would appreciate hearing it. I feel right now that I was tricked into coming back. And this is a paid/premium account entitled it says to 256 days, whatever that means.
<font color="purple"> </font>

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

_____________ subscription to The Sims Online™ will expire in 7 days. To continue your game play uninterrupted, just click here to login to your account and activate your billing. In seconds you'll be back in the game.

Don't leave your Sims, friends and neighbors behind! Upgrade to full user status today to keep playing The Sims Online. Upgrading is fast and easy and there are many different payment options to choose from.

So I did resubscribe on 2/28/2008, but none of my sims or houses made any of the merges. I have emailed to the addy given above with my main sim name and property. I guess I assumed since I recieved the email telling me what it did that my sim was secure, otherwise I would NOT have resubscribed. I have talked to a few original founder's of TSO that made the merges, and they recieved their sims back even after not playing they stated for 3-5 years.

If anyone has any more input on this I would appreciate hearing it. I feel right now that I was tricked into coming back. And this is a paid/premium account entitled it says to 256 days, whatever that means.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got that same email, but did not resubscribe because I was told (on this forums) that I didn't need to...that after the 7 days ran out, I would become a free player. Well those 7 days went up yesterday, and when I try to log in, all I get is an error message saying my subscription was up.

Amythyst, did you by chance buy your lot from a fellow names Caesar Weezer way back when? If you are the same person, I'm the guy who sold you the lot.

It'd be a shame if it didn't make it through the merge, was a beautiful house (that I built )

G

So I am guessing that no one really cares about the few of us that lost sims and houses in this merge. I see alot of question's and temporary issues being answered and tended to that are minor, and thing's that mean alot to us few that lost sims and houses being passed by. I have emailed the right ppl and posted seeking help and... nothing! Guess this game really has went to nothing more than a money thing with everyone. I really don't see myself continueing to play this game much longer with this kind of ppl playing it. I also am curious about something else from the merges. There is a player I know of (won't mention her name) that took millions of their simoleons before the merge and built several mansions and piled each one full of item's that they purchased from stores, and also made a (Storage house) and piled it to the extreme with item's purchased. All of these houses merged with BF and everything in them still. Now this person will open a store and make a killing on inventory sales from the millions of simoleons they had before the merge. In my opinion, giving this person yet another way to generate simoleons at an unfair advantage rate over other players having to completely start over, since they never had to earn or spend a dime to inventory their stores after the merge. In my opinion, I feel that only the person's oldest sim should have been aloud to bring their home with inventory and all in tact. Still allowing all the characters to merge with gift's, lock's, etc. also, but only one house should have been allowed. Just my opinion... <font color="purple"> </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The 256 days means that that's how many days *paid* you have on the account, and when we receive amnesty, that's how many days will be used to calculate the anniversary items and skill locks you are reissued.

As for that e-mail, first of all it is an out of date e-mail that is leftover from when free trials were still only 14 days. This has been discussed on the boards many times and players have been told to just disreguard it, that their accounts can remain 'free' as long as they care for them to. As for not leaving your sims and all behind, for as long as I can remember DADDI cleanups have evicted sims from their lots after 30 days of non-payment and totally deleted sims after 90 days of non-payment, so what that e-mail is referring to with 'not leaving sims and friends behind' are the sims that you had created on the free trial when it was still a 14 day free trial that you had to create brand new sims on. So its not a matter of EA trying to pull the wool over anybody's eyes, its just a common misconception with that e-mail that has been discussed here probably once a week or so since the permanent free accounts came out......the reasons for those discussions being to let players know that they really have nothing to worry about as far as losing their access to their accounts all together if they just don't want to become premium subscribers.

It's $10. All you have to do if you don't want to pay for another month is remove your billing information and they can't make the charge recurring, and you can go back to your free account with one sim in EA Land that is uber-restricted and 1 sim in TC3 that is totally unrestricted, without all the perks and goodies that premium accounts are receiving....but that is your right

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sims get evicted from property by DADDI cleanups after 30 days of non-payment, deleted totally after 90 days of non-payment. If anybody made it beyond those points then somebody was looking down on them and giving them a blessing because as far as I know the cleanups have been automatic everywhere except Betaville.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have talked to a few original founder's of TSO that made the merges, and they recieved their sims back even after not playing they stated for 3-5 years.

Does being a founder make them different from the rest of us? Why would they not get deleted after 90 days?

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have talked to a few original founder's of TSO that made the merges, and they recieved their sims back even after not playing they stated for 3-5 years.

Does being a founder make them different from the rest of us? Why would they not get deleted after 90 days?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a Founder and the accounts I didn't pay on were evicted from their properties after 30 days and the sims were deleted for nonpayment after 90 days. I always had paid accounts so I could see in game when my other sims lost their properties or were deleted.

The people you talked to who said they didn't play for years and got their sims and properties back may have actually been paying on their accounts for years without playing. One of the Dev's mention that there was a group of people that did this and said he didn't know if it was intentional or not. They may be people that just don't look very carefully at their credit card bills to see that EA was still billing them or they knowingly paid with the hope that someday the game would be revived and they could go back and reclaim their saved avatars.

If they didn't pay for more than 90 days but still came back to find their sims and properties intact then it was a bug that the DADDI automated purge did not find them and they should count their blessings as CBrewton5 posted.

G

Thank goodness, finally an answer that I can grasp!
You got to the point, answered my question and I appreciate it a ton! Still heartbroken about my sim being lost forever, but at least now I can move forward, and begin anew. Thank you!!!

G

There was also a time when the DADDI cleanup was shut off due to bugs. I do not remember when or for how long. Therefore, people were able to keep their property and sim even though they were not paying.

A method some people used for keeping their sim active (not house) was to cancel for 2 months, sign up for 1, cancel for 2, sign up for 1, etc.
Although after 2 months, many lost track of time and lost their sims.